In this week’s Love List, a great mantra to live by in case anything breaks, a surprising place to find some fashionable (and affordable!) fashion and a company that will deliver a great gift to your loved ones.
- I found out about Modern Terrarium Bar through a friend when she was showing her making a terrarium with her daughter. They’re a woman-owned small business. When I was on their website I got distracted and ended up buying a crystals + aromatherapy essential oils diffuser thing and love it so much. Good Vibes all around. Anyway, I went back and purchased a DIY terrarium kit for Ben and I to do. We had so much fun making it. Highly recommend! I had a lovey conversation with the owner on IG and she’s offering SweetPhi readers 10% off with code DIYLOVER. (<- not sponsored and I don’t get anything, just really neat products.)
- I shared about this tragedy over on Instagram first – I ran out of coffee beans. Then, the next day (new beans in hand) as I was washing dishes, my French press slipped through my hands and shattered. I just kept repeating a German phrase my mom used to say “sherben bringen Glück” which means “shards bring luck” (it’s usually applied to like porcelain- which is why plates and mugs are thrown on the ground ahead of weddings… but my mom would apply it to glass/plates/whatever broke). Nick to the rescue! He gave me an early birthday present and got me a stainless steel one.
- Loved reading this piece on how Martha Stewart is the Original Influencer – couldn’t agree more. My favorite book of hers that’s very underrated (I mean, she has like 90 + books with her name on it, so maybe you missed one or two) is Martha Stewart’s American Food. The article also made me think about Snoop Dogg and want to buy his cookbook. When I looked it up…there are over 13,000 (thousand!) reviews. What?!? Need to check this out.
- At Christmastime, I was buying some books from a local bookstore and the owner recommended this book if you want to cook with your kids. I bought it for Elliot and I to cook together and we love it! He just likes to even read it before bedtime; so fun. I’ve linked out to Amazon, but certainly pop out to your local book store to see if they can order it for you.
- Ok, have you been paying attention? Wal-Mart is coming out of nowhere with some pretty adorable clothing! They’ve clearly made a switch to focusing on fashion to compete with Target, if I’m guessing. Particularly, check out these two lines: Scoop and Free Assembly.
- I have loved this blogger since before blogs were really a thing and definitely loooonnng before influencers existed. The blog actually used to be called A Pair and a Spare and she shared a lot of DIY clothing. I love all of her DIY projects to this day!
- I’ve had my eye on this hand towel for such a long time and since I’m redoing my bathroom I think it’s finally going to be purchased! I also love this one that is very similar.
- I saw this sandwich being made and it reminded me of a sandwich I had a few years ago in Italy. This one looks SO delicious!
- This company has the cutest succulents you can send as a gift or for any occasion!
The Team’s Favorite Item – Coffee Order
- Since we’re talking coffee, let’s talk coffee orders! Mine is an iced coffee with cream (you have to order it like that, because Starbucks includes sweetener). If it’s suuuuper cold though, I’ll get an oatmilk honey latte. Tastes exactly like my honey latte (but is missing the delicious sea salt).
- I am a black coffee drinker. Which means that I am preeettty picky about the type of coffee that I drink. I love Colectivo’s Blue Heeler blend. But, if I want a coffee treat – sometimes in the afternoon – I like an oatmilk hazelnut latte. I was introduced to it by a barista at a favorite local coffee shop in Lake Geneva called Avant Cycle Cafe.
- I have a few favorites when I get coffee. My go-to coffee order is an almond milk latte or an americano if I need something stronger! I also love to get a nitro cold brew from Starbucks in the Summer.