If you ever want to enjoy a healthy meal that doesn’t taste like it should be…try this!!
- 6-10 carrots
- 4 Tilapia Fillets
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Panko Bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup Italian Bread crumbs
- 3 tbs smart balance original buttery spread
- 1/4 cup Fat Free Half and Half
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup Skim milk
- 1-3 tbs olive oil
- Garlic Salt
- For the Mashed Cauliflower: Bring a big pot of water to boil, cut the entire head of cauliflower in chunks and add to the water, boil for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower stem can be poked through with a fork and feels soft. Drain the water. In a food processor put the smart balance, half and half, sprinkle about 1 tsp garlic salt and some salt and pepper, add the hot, drained cauliflower and 1/2 cup of milk. If it is too chunky and doesn't have the mashed potato consistency you're looking for, add more milk.
- For the carrots: Preheat oven to 350.Peel and cut the carrots in half. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt and pepper, and sprinkle with 1 tbs olive oil. Put in the oven for about 20-30 min until some are a little browned.
- For the Tilapia: In a bowl add the panko and the italian seasoned bread crumbs. Add the tilapia and just pat the bread crumbs on, and one by one add to a large pan that has the remaining olive oil. Cook until golden brown on each side. Only flip the Tilapia once while cooking, or else you can risk over cooking!