In the latest edition of my Mom essentials series (see previous mom essentials fall and winter editions), I’m sharing Mom essentials – holiday edition. This post will show you what I’m buying, how I’m relaxing and what I can’t do without this holiday season!
What I’m buying
I could go on and on with all of the gifts I’d love to buy (definitely check out my love list series for more ideas), but I am aiming to keep it simple and give you a few ideas of what to buy for the whole holiday season; not just Christmas day.
- Matching family PJS!
- You guys know how much I love my Hanna Andersson pajamas and I HAD TO get the gnome print, of course. Their pajamas are the best quality and always the most fun prints. I can’t wait to try to get a photo of the five of us in our jammies!
- Kids aprons
- I bought this for Ben last year so now I’ve got to get one for Freddie and Frankie. I ordered them a bit big just to be sure they fit for a couple of years!
- Cookie cutters
- Gold Touch sheet pans
- I’m treating myself to a second set of these because I use them literally everyday. If you are planning to do any holiday baking, this is a must-have. And yes, we use them for much more than just baking.
- Silicone baking sheet
- You can never have enough of these for cookie baking season! I am buying one more for our house and a few for gifts.
- I love cookbooks and think they make fantastic gifts – I’ve included some of my favorites here. One of the things I love doing is paring them with a food gift, like I mention below. Plus my five ingredient cookbook is great for any busy mom or person looking to learn a bit more in the kitchen with easy, accessible recipes.
- Caramel Sauce
What I’m wearing
It’s 2020, the year of comfort, am I right? Here are a few things keeping me comfy, cozy and Christmas-ready.
- I’ve been living in these and have seen so many of my friends doing the same. They make me feel more put together than a simple pair of sweatpants and they are equally as comfy.
- Initial Necklace
- I’ve mentioned this necklace before, but I am still as in love with it as the day I got it. I wear the necklace daily and it always makes me smile.
- V-neck shirt
- This is my go-to t-shirt. I think I own at least four of them. The white ones aren’t see-through and they are simply my fave.
- Lip balm
What I’m cooking
We are always baking up a storm around the holiday season and this year is no exception. Freddie and Frankie are starting to show more interest in the kitchen and Ben loves to be my #1 helper, so let the cooking begin!
- Sugar cookies
- These cookies are a classic and we make them every single year at the holidays. They’re the best because you can use all sorts of fun cookie cutters and decorate them in a million different ways. Plus, they are a great recipe to make with kits in the kitchen.
- Gingerbread muffins
- These are a great breakfast or snack AND you can make ahead. What’s not to love?!
- Iced Bailey’s Coffee Latte
- A special treat I enjoy around the holidays, sometimes when they days get a bit stressful. Haha.
- Cranberry bliss cookies
- I love baking with cranberries around the holidays and these cookies are some of my favorite to enjoy.
- Cinnamon rolls
- My favorite thing about this recipe is that these are made in a slow cooker, so I can get a few other things accomplished while these are baking.
- Oven baked pork roast
- This recipe is affordable and easy; a perfect dinner for a small, at-home Christmas or to enjoy any night of the week.
I’d love to know what you are enjoying this holiday season, so please feel to leave a comment and let me know!