This strawberry sauce recipe can be used in so many ways, making it one of my favorite things to make (and of course perfect for 5-Ingredient Fridays! I love to use this easy strawberry sauce on ice cream, oatmeal, pancakes/waffles, and especially yogurt.
This recipe is actually one that is in my Baby Food Maker cookbook? The book walks you through more than 125 recipes and shows you how to make them in different baby food makers (baby food makers review here), as well as via stovetop. It also includes a handy chart of how to transition kids into different food phases and even how to use your baby food maker beyond baby years.
Back to the delicious strawberry sauce at hand! This strawberry sauce is super simple to throw together and everyone will love it. Strawberries have a natural sweetness that is just perfect if you ask me, but some people need an extra touch of sugar and this recipe has exactly that.
With three simple ingredients to make strawberry sauce, how much easier can it get? All you need is:
- Fresh strawberries
- Pure vanilla extract
Oh and you will needs some water as well, but we all have that!
The sauce only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish so you can pour it over your favorite dish and enjoy! Personally, I’m choosing ice cream or yogurt. And the kids, love it on their oatmeal (well, they love it on everything).
I can’t wait to hear about you making this strawberry sauce recipe and when you do, please leave a comment below and tell me what you enjoyed it on!
Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and halved
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- In a 2-quart saucepan, set over high heat. Bring 1 cup water to a boil, about 3 minutes.
- Add the strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Reduce the heat to medium-low and place a tight-fitting lid on the saucepan.
- Steam for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries easily mush when pressed with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the strawberries to a blander (or food processor) with the cooking liquid and blend until smooth.