This week’s meal plan ends in Christmas, so we’ve thrown in a few reminders of great recipes to make this season! Keep reading for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even drink recommendations!
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
Gingerbread Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Use a cookie scoop (this is large cookie scoop I use) to ensure even sized muffins
- Turn them on their side when they’re done baking to stop the cooking process while they’re cooling.
- When storing these, be sure to do so if the refrigerator because of the cream cheese frosting. They are actually quite delicious a tad chilled!
Meal Delivery For Special Occasions
- Meal delivery is a great way to reduce stress.
- A great option if you’re keeping your Christmas celebration small this year
Minestrone Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- A great lunch to keep on hand during busy holiday days.
- Hearty and vegetarain
- Freezes well, so make a large batch and simply heat when it’s time to eat.
- You can be very creative and forgiving with the listed ingredients
Enchiladas with Cheese Sauce
- This recipes uses this cheese sauce to make it extra delicious.
- Use ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken in this recipe.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- Wonderful for Christmas morning
- A great meal prep/make-ahead breakfast option
- Make as an overnight casserole – meaning you make it overnight and have it cook in the slow cooker while you sleep and then have it ready to enjoy in the morning
- The casserole can be assembled the night before, and then baked in the morning
- The casserole can be made into individual mini casseroles
Fail Proof Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Making pizza is a fun activity to involve kids in the kitchen
- Make pizza in any size; I prefer smaller-sized pizzas; about 8″
- This recipe makes 2 very thin rolled 12 inch pizza crusts or 1 slightly thicker pizza crust, or 3 small thin 8 inch pizza crusts.
Freezer Frittata Recipe (with Salsa and Sausage)
- A great for a make ahead family breakfast meal prep recipe
- A great gluten free breakfast option
- A frittata is just an Italian version of an omelet, but much easier to make!
- Freeze a frittata in individual servings, then pop in the microwave anytime you want to enjoy
Leave a Reply