This week’s meal plan is all about Easter! In my opinion, eggs make a great breakfast, lunch or dinner so you’ll see plenty of eggs in this plan, plus some great brunch recipes, a few dinner options and more!
We hope you have a Happy Easter and use some of these recipes in your cooking. If you do, please make sure to tag us at @sweetphiblog on Instagram!
Notes from this week’s meal plan
- After these donuts are cooled they can be put in the freezer. They freeze really well, and in the mornings I can just take one out of the freezer and let it thaw on the counter
- Another appetizer recipe turned breakfast! Ham, toast, pear – what’s not breakfast-y about that!?
- This recipe is a mixture of two of my favorite baked treats – the petite vanilla scones that are oh so yummy from Starbucks and the orange scones from Panera.
- You can substitute the orange glaze with lemon if you prefer
- Make these scones ahead, freeze and thaw for a prepped ahead breakfast recipe
- This will be a fluffy cake. If you prefer a thinner cake, use a 9 x 13 pan. It will still be fluffy, but just much thinner.
- Simply double the recipe for a large group. Trust me, you’re going to want to!
- Feel free to substitute your vegetable for any mild cooking oil – grape seed, coconut etc.
- You can use regular flour or Gluten Free Flour. I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour, or you could make your own gluten-free baking flour, I like this recipe.
There are a few ways you could make this quiche:
- Make and bake immediately – then serve and enjoy.
- Make ahead- put in the freezer unbaked (just be careful transferring it so it doesn’t spill when putting it in the freezer) and then put it directly from the freezer into the oven.
- Make and bake ahead, then put it in the freezer in individual servings so all you have to do is warm it and go.
- I love making these pancakes into fun shapes for the kids
- This recipe is only 6 ingredients and great to make-ahead and freeze
- Tip: if you don’t have buttermilk, make your own! Just combine milk and juice from half a lemon (or just a wedge of lemon). If you don’t have a lemon, you can use a teaspoon of white vinegar. Let the mixture sit for 3-5 minutes and you’re all set!
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips or blueberries for more fun flavor