These ham and brie crostini are perfect for an appetizer or for a fancy toasts recipe which can be enjoyed at any time. I love them for a good snack or to grab a few for a light lunch.
Crostini are typically an appetizer consisting of small slices of grilled or toasted bread with toppings. And what could be better than BREAD with TOPPINGS!? You can mix and match what you like and top, but I suggest trying ham and brie. You won’t regret it.
What ingredients do I need for ham and brie crostini?
- Garlic salt
- Sliced ham
- Red pear
For the topping:
- Apricot preserves
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
I know if I’m at a party and there’s a fancy little appetizer that looks like a crostini, I’ll go right for it. Plus anything that looks a little fancy always makes me feel, well, fancy!
This time of year, I always tend to have more ham around than normal – Easter is just around the corner or maybe, by the time you’re reading this, Easter has just passed and you have leftover ham laying around. This ham and brie toast would be the perfect recipe to try.
How do you make ham and brie crostini?
- Preheat the oven and line the baking sheet with foil. Melt butter, slice bread and brush on bread slices. Gently sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Top toast with one slice of ham and one slice of brie. Put back in oven and bake for 5 minutes, until the brie starts to melt.
- Mix the sauce; simply apricot jam and dijon mustard and paprika.
- Remove from oven. Add pear slice, sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper.
It’s the perfect time of year to make this fun recipe and see what you think. Plus, think of all the toppings you could swap out and try instead. You just may become a crostini connoisseur!
Are you a fancy toast person? If you think these are too bite-sized, you can even make them into a full sandwich size and it would be just as tasty!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- The Best Easy Baked Brie Appetizer
- 5 Ingredient Raw Honey and Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Sausage Puff Pastry Appetizer Recipe
Ham and Brie Crostini Fancy Toasts Recipe
- 12 pieces of toast cut in half or 24 small slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 lb ham sliced thinly
- 4 oz brie sliced
- 1 red pear thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves or jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil/parchment paper or a nonstick mat.
- Brush melted butter on the bread slices and place on prepared baking sheet. Gently sprinkle garlic salt over bread. Bake for 10 minutes, until starting to turn light brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Top toast pieces with one slice of ham, and one slice of brie. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the brie begins to melt.
- While the toasts bake, make the topping sauce. Mix together apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, and paprika.
- When the toasts come out of the oven, add a pear spice on top and then a small spoonful of the sauce, and a little pinch of salt and pepper.