This turned out soo good, I just had to post during my lunch! With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, this delicious recipe is obviously so fitting! The beauty about beer bread is that since there is no yeast, it doesn’t need a million hours of proofing, rising, kneading, etc. This recipe was adapted from one I found from The Black Peppercorn blog.
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1.5 Cups Oats Ground in a food processor
- 2/3 Cups Brown Sugar
- 12 oz Guinness or Stout beer
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- pat of Butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend boats into a powder in a food processor, save 1 Tbs of unprocessed oats for topping.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with butter
- Combine all dry ingredients in the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon
- Slowly stir in the Guinness. Do not over mix, but there should be no big clumps.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle with 1 Tbs oats. Bake for 50 min and enjoy!
The lovely bread right out of the oven