This 5 ingredient apple cider old fashioned cocktail recipe is crazy delicious and perfect for fall (or any time of year). Let’s just say that recipe testing this time around was super fun!
In Wisconsin, where the whole SweetPhi team lives, fall means apple picking! Going to an apple orchard is always a crowded activity any fall weekend so sometimes it’s easier just to grab a jug of apple cider, which was the exact inspiration for this recipe!
What is an old fashioned?
- Old fashioned cocktails are especially popular – and full of tradition – in Wisconsin. They’re a staple at parties and on cocktail bar menus everywhere. An old fashioned is typically made with sugar (muddled with bitters and water), whiskey (rye or bourbon) and the addition of an orange slice and/or cherry. You can order them sweet or sour and that shifts the ingredients a bit.
What ingredients do you need for an apple cider old fashioned?
- Apple cider
- Apple slices – for garnish
To make this old fashioned, you simply need to combine the sugar and bitters then add apple cider and bourbon. Add ice, give it a good stir and enjoy!
This apple cider old fashioned is THE drink of fall. Apple cider and bourbon pair perfectly, and the bitters and fresh apple make an all-around balanced cocktail. Delish!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
5 Ingredient Apple Cider Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 dashes bitters
- 4 oz apple cider
- 3 oz bourbon
- apple slices for garnish optional
- 4 ice cubes
- In a glass add the sugar and bitters, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour in the apple cider and bourbon. Add ice cubes, stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh apple slice(s) if desired, and enjoy
Great! I just finished it last night and the result was unexpected, my wife and daughter both liked it, which made me happy. Thanks for your recipe!
So glad you enjoyed it!
I’m looking for some cocktail recipes for this weekend party.
Your recipe seems easy and delicious. I’m going to try it out tonight.
Thank you for your sharing, Phi.
You’re so welcome, I think you’d absolutely LOVE this cocktail recipe 🙂
eric levine says
Taught my g-daughter this recipe to teach her how to read a recipe and cook it. Came out delicious.
Thank you, Phi!
So glad you enjoyed this recipe, thank you for your lovely feedback.
Healthy Kitchen 101 says
Hey Phi, Bourbon is the best choice for cocktails!! Happy drinks~ 🙂
Thank you so much, so glad you like bourbon 😉
Fix Your Skin says
Can’t wait to try out this recipe this weekend. All the ingredients sound delicious. As a passionate home cook, your recipes inspire me. Thank you.
So glad you like my recipes, thank you for stopping by 🙂
This looks delicious and absolutely perfect for Fall!
This is definitely my new favorite fall cocktail 🙂
Kay B says
Being from Wisconsin, I totally love Old Fashioneds and your version sounds oerfect for fall! ❤️??
I’m so glad you appreciate old fashioneds, these fall ones, they’re sooo good!