This 5 ingredient apple cider old fashioned cocktail recipe is crazy delicious and perfect for fall (or any time of year). Let’s just say that recipe testing this time around was super fun!
In Wisconsin, where the whole SweetPhi team lives, fall means apple picking! Going to an apple orchard is always a crowded activity any fall weekend so sometimes it’s easier just to grab a jug of apple cider, which was the exact inspiration for this recipe!
What is an old fashioned?
- Old fashioned cocktails are especially popular – and full of tradition – in Wisconsin. They’re a staple at parties and on cocktail bar menus everywhere. An old fashioned is typically made with sugar (muddled with bitters and water), whiskey (rye or bourbon) and the addition of an orange slice and/or cherry. You can order them sweet or sour and that shifts the ingredients a bit.
What ingredients do you need for an apple cider old fashioned?
- Apple cider
- Apple slices – for garnish
To make this old fashioned, you simply need to combine the sugar and bitters then add apple cider and bourbon. Add ice, give it a good stir and enjoy!
This apple cider old fashioned is THE drink of fall. Apple cider and bourbon pair perfectly, and the bitters and fresh apple make an all-around balanced cocktail. Delish!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
5 Ingredient Apple Cider Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 dashes bitters
- 4 oz apple cider
- 3 oz bourbon
- apple slices for garnish optional
- 4 ice cubes
- In a glass add the sugar and bitters, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour in the apple cider and bourbon. Add ice cubes, stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh apple slice(s) if desired, and enjoy