This 5 ingredient peanut butter and jelly sundae is super easy to make and delicious strawberry ice cream treat. It’s made with a homemade peanut butter magic shell, poured over strawberry ice cream with granola crumbles. When it all comes together, you’ll enjoy the most delicious peanut butter and jelly inspired sundae!
What ingredients do I need to make this 5 ingredient peanut butter & jelly sundae?
- Chunky granola
- Peanut butter (we used creamy Skippy)
- Coconut oil
- Strawberry ice cream
The coolest part about this recipe is that you are creating your own magic shell ice cream topping. You know, like this one?
Peanut butter magic shell is just that…magical! It’s made with three simple ingredients: peanut butter, coconut oil, and a little bit of sugar (optional) and hardens when poured over ice cream.
You can make and store magic shell for use on future ice cream sundaes or other recipes too.
How to store homemade magic shell?
- Store peanut butter magic shell in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. When the homemade peanut butter magic shell is put in the refrigerator, it will harden. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply let it come to room temperature, or microwave it for 15-30 seconds.
Peanut butter magic shell is also great as a dip for fruit. You can eat it cold or at room temperature. I personally love to dip things like:
- Apple slices
- Grapes (btw, grapes and peanut butter is a delicious combo, like these white chocolate peanut grape bites)
For the granola, you can use any kind you would like. I love when a recipe can be flexible like this! If you want, you can even just chop up a simple granola bar. I happen to like very chunky granola (or some of my anything goes big batch granola).
When you spoon the peanut butter magic sell over ice cream, it hardens beautifully into a shell and makes this 5 ingredient peanut butter and jelly sundae the perfect summer treat!
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter and Jelly Sundae
- 1/2 cup chunky granola
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 cup Strawberry ice cream
To make peanut butter magic shell
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter, coconut oil, sugar. I used Skippy peanut butter. If you use a natural peanut butter, the topping just won’t be as sweet. You can also omit the sugar if you don't want the topping to be too sweet.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. You want sugar to dissolve and coconut oil to melt. Stir after 30 seconds.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes to come to room temp. Store extras in the fridge in an air tight container. Microwave a few seconds to get it liquidy. (coconut oil solidifies).
To assemble sundae
- Scoop strawberry ice cream into dish.
- Sprinkle crumbled granola on top.
- Pour peanut butter topping over and enjoy!
Leave a Reply