Bring on the fresh greens, veggies and dressing, today I’m talking 5 ingredient turkey taco salads and 27 salads I need in my life!
Lately I’ve been craving ALL THE SALAD! It started when I was making yogurt lemon chicken salad for dinner and just so happened to be photographed for an article in the paper. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the salad and how quick it was to make. Then I shared my recipe for steak caprese salad and a cool trick for how to dress a salad. So needless to say, I’m totally loving salads but am a little embarrassed to admit that while I actually really do love salads, I don’t make them nearly enough.
I started looking around the web for inspiration from some of my favorite food bloggers…less than an hour later I had a huge list of salads that I knew I just needed in my life:
- Yogurt lemon chicken salad – SweetPhi
- The Easiest Chopped Chickpea Greek Salad – Ambitious Kitchen
- Winter chopped salad with roasted sweet potatoes and blood orange vinaigrette – How Sweet Eats
- Citrus fennel and avocado salad– Foodiecrush
- Thai cashew chicken salad – Bev Cooks
- Blueberry chicken chopped salad – Gimme Some Oven
- Rainbow harvest salad with avocados – The Lemon Bowl
- Seared Ribeye Steak Asparagus Salad – Order in the Kitchen
- Chopped thai salad with sesame garlic dressing – Pinch of Yum
- Chicken zucchini pesto salad – Heather Christo
- The greenest salad – 101 Cookbooks
- Kale salad with bacon and caramelized onions – Food Faith Fitness
- Winter Roasted Veggie Chicken Chopped Salad – Cookie Monster Cooking
- Rainbow power kale salad with peanut dijon dressing – Housewife in Training Files
- Rainbow salad with chicken and blood orange dressing – SweetPhi
- Green salad with apples cranberries and pepitas – Cookie and Kate
- Parmesan crusted romaine and chicken salad – SweetPhi
- Napa chopped salad – Eat 2 Gather
- Strawberry goat cheese quinoa salad – Nutmeg Nanny
- Tex Mex Salad – Real Food by Dad
- French Bean Salad – Well Plated
- Spring chopped salad – Not Without Salt
- Grilled romaine salad – I am Food Blog
- Shaved asparagus salad – Bakers Royale
- Roasted carrot and avocado salad – What’s Gaby Cooking
- Summer harvest salad – Dine and Dish
- Steak Caprese Salad – SweetPhi
[Tweet “27 salads you need in your life – bring on the greens with this list from @sweetphi”]
- 1 lb ground turkey extra lean
- 1 cup salsa divided
- 6-8 cups romaine or lettuce of choice
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheese I use Mexican blend cheese or pepperjack
- Pour 1/2 cup salsa in a large frying pan and add in the ground turkey and cook it, breaking it up as you cook it. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked through.
- In a large bowl (or 4 small bowls) divide out the lettuce.
- When turkey is done cooking spoon out on top of salad, pour remaining salsa on top of ground turkey, then add the cheese and tortilla chips (I like to crush some of the tortilla chips as I add them on top of the salad).
- Mix the salad and enjoy!