My best friend lives in St. Louis, and when my husband and I went to visit her she took us to this awesome little restaurant that had Butternut Squash Lasagna on their menu. It was delicious, and ever since I’ve been thinking about it so I finally made lasagna and incorporated butternut squash and this is in the category of a recipe that is a MUST MAKE!
The recipe starts by roasting the veggies (to be honest I did this in the morning when I was getting ready for work) and then uses no cook lasagna noodles. I just came home from work, did the remaining prep work, assembled it and then threw it in the oven! So delish!
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, whole and peeled
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into large chunks and insides cleaned out
- 2 cups baby carrots, cut in half or 4s
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and oil
- 1 package (8oz) Oven Ready Lasagna noodles
- 1 container (15 oz) Light Ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups low fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs fresh herbs, chopped (1 or Tbs dried-I used parsley, thyme and oregano)
- Salt and pepper
How I arranged the roasted veggies