I’m so excited because starting this week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’ll be doing a little bit of a new format, just sharing more personal pictures here, so all the family-life-personal-stories updates and pictures for the past week and what I made! This past week we did marshmallow crafts, a scavenger hunt (is Yeti – big foot real?) and I’m shocked we still have pieces for this one toy. In what I made I’m sharing a Serbian Cevap dinner we had and making sprinkle cookies with the kids.
- Family moments – Ben walked up to me and said “mom, we match, can we take a picture?” OF COURSE! Then the twins wanted to join so it was a cute picture! That same day Nick walked outside holding Sam in his carrier, and matched the carrier, matching day!
- Marshmallow crafts- my mom got the kids these cute marshmallows you could paint sets for Christmas…um…Freddie did not want to wait lol, but the kids had so much fun.
- Scavenger hunt & Yeti’s aren’t real, right? – I love where we live, the city put together a fun scavenger hunt called Fast Freddy (who’s a yeti) where you walk around a park and put letters from signs onto a piece of paper…we still need to finish it because it was SO COLD, but so so fun (big thanks to Aunty Nina who knew the park and went with us – she even had her name on the baseball field fence from when she played softball, famous!)
- When we were explaining to the kids about finding clues Freddy the Yeti had left, they got scared that they’d run into him. Nick did such a good job of vividly explaining how Yeti wouldn’t be there and how he went back to the mountains and he lives in the woods and like the cold, that over breakfast, I whispered/asked him across the table “Yeti’s aren’t real…right?” and he laughed “you’re having that kind of morning?” LOL! Reminded me of the time we played Malarky: a bluffing game, such a fun game with friends!
- Ice cream set – ok, I’m shocked we still have all the pieces to this toy, Ben still loves playing with it and made me an ice cream cone lol. I did a post on best cooking toys last year and the list is still so accurate!
What I made this week – Serbian dinner + sprinkle cookies
- I made sprinkle cookies with the kids; so good and fun, this recipe uses whole wheat flour, that makes it healthy, right?
- Recently I have been obsessed with these Serbian sausages called Cevaps, served with tomato cucumber salad and tzatziki.
- For drinks – Nick makes the best old fashioned
How was your week? Just leave a comment below!