This tomato cucumber salad recipe uses fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs and is an easy vegetable side dish! If you’re looking for recipes which use in-season produce or a fresh side salad dish for grilled meat or main, this is the recipe you’ve been looking for.
This salad has been my go-to as the perfect vegetable side dish for any meal. It’s easy and refreshing, and is the perfect use for fresh tomatoes and herbs from your garden or the farmers market.
I have two other fresh summer salads that are great as side dishes. If you love this tomato cucumber salad, you will love these two salads as well:
My favorite way to eat this tomato cucumber side salad is on the side of any grilled meat (BBQ chicken/burgers/fish) because it just screams summer on a plate when paired with anything grilled. It’s also a nice light side salad for things like savory pies or empanadas.
Growing up, salads with tomatoes and cucumbers were very common on our dinner table because my dad is Eastern European and so is half of my husband’s family, and a good tomato salad is always served. So, we are no stranger to these ingredients!
Ben loves to help in the kitchen! I made a tomato salad and a cucumber salad for my dad with Ben and he loved it so much, my mom asked for the recipe immediately. She has since made it many times. Every time we have Ben help in the kitchen, we use these kid-safe knives and his kitchen stool.
To create this amazing tomato cucumber salad, I combined two recipes I saw in the Taste of Romania cookbook by Nicolae Klepper. Nick actually got me the cookbook, and I’ve been loving reading through the book and using it as inspiration for recipes.
What makes this tomato cucumber salad so unique?
- Well, it has a bit of paprika in it! That little touch of paprika adds a note of flavor that just works so well, but it’s something you may not have thought of before.
To make this tomato and cucumber side salad, all you do is the follow these easy steps:
- Whisk the dressing in a bowl
- Add in chopped up cucumber and tomatoes as well as some herbs (I used fresh herbs from the garden -dill and parsley- but you could certainly use dried herbs).
When you’re not sure what to put on the side of a delicious main meal, look no further than this recipe!
Tomato Cucumber Salad
An easy tomato cucumber side salad with fresh ingredients, that pairs perfectly with grilled proteins and any main!Print Rate
- 2 Large tomatoes cored and cut into pieces
- 1 large cucumbers peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed/very finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh dill
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel cucumber and dice into small pieces. Dice tomato into small pieces. Chop scallions
- Crush (or very finely chop) garlic. Coarsely cut dill and parsley
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, paprika and salt
- Place diced cucumber, tomato, scallions and herbs in a bowl. Pour dressing on top, stir and Enjoy!
Nutrition information disclaimer: the nutrition information presented on this site should be considered an estimate as the calculations will change based on the exact products you use in your own kitchen.
The nutrition information presented on this site should be considered an estimate as the calculations will change based on the exact products you use in your own kitchen.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 659IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg