As you’re getting ready to make something with cranberries for Thanksgiving tomorrow (doesn’t time just fly by so fast?!?) set aside some fresh cranberries for these cookies. Trust me, you will not regret making these amazing cookies! The cranberries and white chocolate and orange zest…all together in a cookie…then a little crinkle top…yum yum yum they taste so good!
I may or may not have kept telling Nick while making these cookie (over and over) ‘look, they’re crinkley, no look, they really crinkled!’ haha I just thought that it was so cool, the cookies were very pretty (and I say ‘were’ because I definitely had to send some with Nick to work so I wouldn’t eat them all myself). Also, my KitchenAid Mixer made making these cookies a breeze, don’t have a KitchenAid 5-Quart Mixer? Well, you have until December 9th 2013 to enter the giveaway I’m co-hosting here!!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Stick Butter 4 Tbs
- 1/2 Stick Vegetable Shortening 8 Tbs
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cranberries ground in food processor or chopped very finely
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs zest of orange about 1/2 a navel orange zested
- 1 Tbs juice of orange
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- small pinch salt
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar for rolling cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer beat butter, vegetable shorting and sugar until creamy. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add the egg, beat again until incorporated. Add vanilla extract, orange zest and juice, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour, beat until all incorporated in the dough. With a spoon fold in the chopped up cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl put the powdered sugar (you will roll the cookie dough in this). Form little balls of dough and roll it between your hands (about 1-2 tbs of dough) roll dough in powdered sugar, place on lined baking sheet and slightly press down, repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Lauren’s Latest recipe for Orange Cranberry Crinkle Cookies