This graduation celebration & Summerfest ticket giveaway with Pick ‘n Save are part of a shop compensated by the social shopper amplification company Collective Bias® and its advertiser because I am a member of the Social Fabric® Community. #CollectiveBias
I’ve had two dates circled in my calendar for a while now, and I’m so excited to finally tell you both of them and share pictures AND share an exciting giveaway!
The first date I’ve had circled in my calendar? That was for celebrating my little sisters’ graduation from medical school! That’s right, medical school!! And the second date? That is circled for the annual music fest held here in Milwaukee, Summerfest!
So, even if you don’t want to hear all about how proud I am of my little sister or how amazing she is (and why wouldn’t you want to hear about that, jealous much? j/k) I still have something for you, just scroll down to the bottom for some Free Printables and how to create Graduation Party Tablescapes, and, of course, to enter THE SUMMERFEST TICKET GIVEAWAY!
Now back to my little sister and how amazing she is… she’s a little angel. She’s nice to everyone, sweet, beautiful, helpful, but most of all, she is humble. She’s graduating medical school for Pete’s sake and is still humble!
If it were me graduating medical school, I’d work it into every conversation, it’d go something like:
‘Hello, you can call me Dr. M’
‘What did you do this weekend? Oh, that sounds great; I just graduated from medical school, no biggie!’
‘How are you today? Before you answer, you should know that I’m a Doctor so I can tell you how you’re really doing’
Clearly, I would be full of myself lol.
True to form, when asked how she wanted to celebrate her graduation, she said she wanted to have a small family gathering at my parents’ house.
So, after planning the party with Mom (and seeing all the adorable graduation ideas here), I headed on over to #MyPicknSave to get all the ingredients that we’d need for the food and items we’d need for table decoration (like creating these Graduation Party Food Label Printables , just buy some card stock, print, cut and then write the name of the dish).
For the party, my little sister requested I make her favorite dip, a Mediterranean Feta Dip. It’s super easy to put together: line a dish with extra virgin olive oil, lay chopped tomatoes and green onions on top, then crumble feta on top and finish by sprinkling with Mediterranean Sea Salt. Serve with pita chips or slices of pita! Luckily I brought extra feta to crumble on top, because my sisters and mom were sneaking (not so sneakily) the dip to the point I was worried there wouldn’t be enough for the guests haha!
After having this graduation party, I wanted to share some tips on how to create great Graduation Party Tablescapes:
- Plan out the menu ahead of time (and assign who is going to make what)
- Have name cards for the dishes (free graduation cap name cards here)
- Purchase a few accessories that make the graduate feel special (example – I got a few balloons that we tied to her chair, or get a special colored plate just for the graduate)
- Accessorize the dessert (example – cupcake toppers or decorate cake with ‘graduate’ themed things. I decorated the cake with a star and the word ‘congrats’ by cutting the star shape out of a piece of paper and then using it as a stencil and filled it with gold sugar/sprinkles)
And last, but certainly not least, it is GIVEAWAY time! The generous folks at Pick ‘n Save are giving 5 lucky Sweetphi readers a 4-pack of SummerFest general Admissions Tickets-That’s right, 20 tickets are up for grabs!
To enter just comment and tell me what your favorite Summertime activity is (be sure to comment and then fill in the widget telling me you’ve entered and for additional entry options!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Congrats to all the grads out there!
- 2 blocks 4 oz each Feta, crumbled by hand
- 4 Tomatoes finely cubed, innards removed
- 4 Green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tbs Mediterranean Sea Salt
- Line dish with extra virgin olive oil, on top of the oil lay chopped/cubed tomatoes and green onions, sprinkle a little Mediterranean sea salt over the dish.
- Crumble the feta with hands (I find the block feta has better flavor than pre crumbled) over the tomatoes and green onions. Add more of the Mediterranean Sea Salt. And voila, you're done!
- Serve with pita chips or pita bread slices