This recipe is probably one of my favorite things I’ve made…EVER! It combines some of the Medierranean flavors I love and comes together so perfectly.
- 4 wooden skewers
- For the Lamb Meatballs: 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves pressed/crushed
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbs Garam Masala
- 1 Tbs Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs I used Ian's gluten free panko breadcrumbs.
- For the Vegetables: 1 tomato cut into 8
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- 1 Green Pepper chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tbs olice oil
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- salt/pepper to taste
- Cucumber sauce: 1 cucumber peeled and shredded
- 1 container of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Garlic Clove pressed/minced
- 1/2 oz feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450-line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and put a cooling rack on top of it. Soak the 4 wooden skewer ends (that won't have food on them in water until ready to use.)
- For the lamb meatballs mix all the ingredients very well and form into 16 ball shapes.
- Cut all the vegetables and combine in a bowl and add the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and salt and pepper. Let marinate for a few minutes.
- To assemble skewers alternate between the vegetables and meatballs (sometimes the meatballs fell off while assembling so i had to press them around the skewer).
- Put on the cooling rack that is on the cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, rotate and cook for another 15 minutes.
- While the kabobs are cooking, prepare the yogurt sauce and couscous. For the yogurt sauce start by peeling and shredding the cucumber. Let sit for 10 minutes and drain the excess water. Add greek yogurt, pressed/minced garlic clove, 1/2 oz feta and stir until well combined, sprinkle with a little dill and you're ready to serve it.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions and then serve one skewer per plate with some yogurt sauce and couscous-i had a few extra veggies that were a perfect little addition.
The components raw, then assembled raw, then all done and baked!