In this week’s Love List, the SweetPhi team is full of great holiday ideas (again/still). As soon as Thanksgiving was over, we went full on excited for Christmas, so keep reading to check out some of our favorite ideas.
- This book is a little older, but I’ve seen it twice in the last week on different peoples’ IG stories, so I just had to get it for the kids because we love baking together
- Beautiful piece on slow cookers – “Life in the Slow Lane
Cooking all day while the cook is away. How the slow cooker changed the world.”
- How cute is this headband for holiday hair?
- We watched The Noel Diary on Netflix and it was a cute holiday movie. Nick and I always laugh though because there will be certain scenes you can tell were shot in California and not somewhere with real snow, or by people who have experienced real snow weather. For example, watching an outdoor movie in the snow…with only two small heat lamps on the side? You would freeze lol. We also watched Christmas With You on Netflix, it was just meh I thought – it did have Freddie Prinze Jr. in it though! Have you watched any good holiday movies? I’m waiting for A Hollywood Christmas – it’s a Christmas movie about making a Christmas movie, can’t wait!
- How completely perfect is this for Frankie – gingerbread house dreams!
- I love all of the Fa La La home goods (that also double as great decor) that Target has this year. Take a look at this mat, this towel and this garland.
- Yes, I Immediately purchased this ridiculous game to play during the holidays.
- These shoes would be great for the holiday season! I love the color and am always a fan of velvet.
- Can you tell that I am fully on board for Christmas just as soon as Thanksgiving is over!? But on one non-Christmas note: I love this article about “Rebranding Midlife” – worth the read!
- I’ve wanted these coffee mugs for so long and just snagged them with all the sales going on! I also added these to my wish list to replace all of my old mugs!
- There’s a new series on Disney Plus following The Santa Claus Movies! It’s most of the original cast and feels just like the original movies!
- We also watched the new sequel to A Christmas Story! I thought it was really good!
- This has been my go-to chapstick and it smells amazing!
Thank you for the Christmas show/movie recommendations! This year, we’re introducing our kindergartener to the Christmas movies of our youth, and it’s been so fun.
I also loved the slow cooker link–so interesting. My background is as a domestic historian (focusing on early- to mid-Victorian history), so I loved the “modern day” domestic history aspect of the link!
That’s so fun that you’re introducing your kindergartener to Christmas movies!! I’m so glad you liked the links. Also, what a super cool background, thank you for sharing that!!
Happy holidays to you as well 🙂