In this week’s Love List, the SweetPhi team is sharing even more! It was a good week of fun finds and we wanted to be sure to include them all; from blankets to pufflings, flooring to snacks and much much more!
- Google Keep – I just found out about this incredible google product. It’s a free “Pinterest-style” board where you can keep notes, pics, screenshots etc in categorized tabs. It also has a chrome extension so you can ‘keep’ things while web browsing. As someone who LOVES google docs/google drive and uses it for business organization, this is incredible. Pinterest is awesome for browsing, but not organizing and keeping my own things I find.
- Glass vs. metal baking pans – fascinating. My FAVORITE metal baking dishes are these.
- The most disappointing tourist activity Nick and I ever did was taking a puffin cruise in Maine. Disappointing because puffins are small, and from the boat you couldn’t really see them and the guide was literally holding up a picture of a puffin for us to see what they looked like, lol. I guess I thought they were more like majestic pelicans. Lesson learned. Nick and I still laugh about it. I guess it’s “puffling season”- where they throw baby puffins off the cliffs in Iceland to help them fly into adulthood (cute article – I’m sure this experience would be much cooler, maybe I should talk Nick into going to Iceland?)
- How cute is this throw blanket? Perfect for the season and only $10!!
- While you’re getting the above blanket, how cute/fun is this? Perfect fall activity for kids!
- I saw @chrissyteigen share this book the other day and think it’s brilliant – just looks hilarious and I’m always looking for new ideas! I just added it to my cart.
- This article in New York Times got me thinking about kid’s art. With all of the drawing they come home with each and every day from school, some of them are really fun! Just throw them in a modern frame and viola! Ok, this kid’s art is a bit more advance than my 3 and 6 year old’s but you get the idea.
- I’m not quite at this artistic level, but if you’re feeling creative, you can try your hand at latte art with one of these stencils! You can also use them on cookies – would make a great gift!
- We are deep in the renovation process on our house and are currently picking all of the tiles for our lower level bathroom. We got these floor tiles and are loving how they keep the space light and bright, plus match with white and gray, which we’re using as accent colors in the shower.
- I’ve heard a lot about these and I finally tried them! I think they are VERY good. They have a very rich chocolate flavor and are made with great ingredients!
- One thing I hate cleaning is the kitchen sink strainer…I’ll run it through the dishwasher but I recently ended up buying new ones and it looks so much better!
- This is one of my favorite snacks that I always forget about! Their banana chips are pretty good too but the cinnamon apple chips taste like a healthy apple pie!
- This article came out after the recent hurricane in Florida but thought these ideas for storing food in an emergency were so great to know of no matter where you live!