It’s no doubt Thanksgiving will look a little different this year. If you’d rather not figure out the what and how of meal planning and shopping, a good option would be Thanksgiving meal delivery kits! I’ll share information on Home Chef Thanksgiving meal delivery, Blue Apron Thanksgiving meal kit delivery and Hello Fresh Thanksgiving meal kit delivery boxes. With all three you get can order all the dishes for your Thanksgiving dinner, and have the ingredients and instructions delivered to your door!
I’m a big fan of meal delivery services (I’ve compared meal delivery services) and use them weekly. I’m a busy working mom to 3 kids and even though my business is cooking for a living (I write/photograph cookbooks and create recipes – I even shared a Thanksgiving meal planner for a small family if you want to take on the planning and shopping yourself) but it’s really nice to have all the ingredients delivered to your door, with instructions, and not have to think about it! Same goes with Thanksgiving dinner. With a meal delivery kit, all the recipes and ingredients to make the recipes will be delivered to your door. Makes Thanksgiving a little easier and fun!! Here are details:
- Serves: 6-8
- Offerings: a complete Thanksgiving menu (turkey and 5 sides and dessert) OR mix-and-match picking of dishes
- Menu: Their full Thanksgiving offering menu includes a Southern-inspired turkey breast with sage gravy, cranberry relish, cheddar mashed potatoes, cheesy cornbread pudding, ginger-honey glazed carrots, braised collard greens and a maple-peanut apple and persimmon crumble. The mix-and-match dishes include premium spice-rubbed pork roast with up to five sides and dessert from the brand’s Signature menu
- Ordering: select your plan and follow the sign-up instructions. To get the full turkey dinner, go to the week of 11/23 and click on the Thanksgiving tab to select our turkey feast. Orders will arrive the week of 11/23.
- Pricing: Meal plans start at $59.94/week. Thanksgiving feast, $135; mix-and-match, $70, with add-ons available. Order by November 16 for delivery the week of November 23.
- Best for: someone who is an adventurous eater who likes to cook and want a nice and flavorful chef-inspired Thanksgiving meal delivery kit
- Serves: 8-10
- Offerings: Turkey and sides box (turkey and 4 sides and a dessert) or beef box (beef recipe and 4 sides and a dessert.
- Menu: The Turkey and Sides Box includes a roast turkey and classic gravy with a garlic herb butter rub. The Beef Tenderloin and Sides Box, including a peppercorn-crusted beef tenderloin with sherry thyme jus. Both options come with creamy mashed potatoes with garlic and sour cream, ciabatta stuffing with chicken sausage and cranberries, smoky maple Brussels sprouts with lemon, cranberry sauce with orange and cinnamon, and an apple ginger crisp with cinnamon pecan crumble.
- Choose your desired delivery date – Hello Fresh delivers the two weeks before Thanksgiving. P.S. Don’t forget—the turkey needs 4 days to thaw! Thanksgiving Boxes will ship on select days between November 17th-24th
- Price: Turkey and sides box $16 per serving, Beef tenderloin box and sides $22.50 per person
- Best for: a family or friendsgiving meal with more a little flare but traditional style dishes, everything in one box.
- Serves: 6
- Offerings: all offerings are a la carte, you can just add them to your weekly box or get them as your meals for that week.
- Menu/price: turkey breast roast: $44.98, 4 a la cart sides: $15.98 each; white cheddar and sausage biscuits with honey butter, pecan sage and cranberry stuffing, caramelized onion green bean casserole, loaded mashed potatoes with cheddar bacon and green onions. 1 dessert: $15.98; apple cranberry crumble
- Delivery: week of 11/23
- I love the way their food/meals taste, and their recipes are easy to follow/cook
- Use code 40SweetPhi to get $40 off your first two boxes
- Best for: someone who wants a few dishes to add to their big day in an a la carte style (for example, I’m going to get the biscuits and then make my air fryer turkey)
- Love that Home Chef you can order a-la carte! Their recipes are always super easy to follow and the food just tastes SO GOOD! I’m going to order those biscuits and add it to what I’m making for the big day!
- Hello Fresh delivers two weeks before Thanksgiving, not just Thanksgiving week, so it’s perfect if you want to do a Friendsgiving meal delivery. I love that they have a turkey or beef option.
- The Blue Apron menu sounds good, sometime their recipes can be a little labor intensive and adventurous for the average eater, but they taste great. And I love the option they have of adding on wine!
I’ve used all these companies as meal delivery kit services very frequently so if you have any specific questions or would like to ask which one you think would be best for your Thanksgiving or family, please feel free to leave a comment below and I’d be happy to answer!