This 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken and stuffing recipe is perfect for a super easy comforting crockpot meal the whole family will love!
With the weather changing to much much cooler and it getting darker earlier, I’ve got slow cooker meals on the mind. It makes the long days and chilly nights that much easier when dinner is already ready when it’s time to eat!
What ingredients are in this 5 ingredient dish?
- Chicken breasts
- Stuffing mix
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Green beans
You’ll also need water, but I never count that as an ingredient since we all have that on hand.
All you need to do to have a delicious meal on the table is put all of the ingredients in you slow cooker in the morning and set it to low. Let the cooking happen while you’re at work and come home to a hearty meal for the whole house.
This recipe was actually inspired by Phyllis Good’s new cookbook called Stock the Crock, I noticed this recipe only had 5 ingredients (chicken breast, stuffing, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and green beans – water, salt, and pepper are not included, because like I say in my five-ingredient Friday series, chances are you have those in your kitchen!)
Phyllis is the creator the bestselling Fix-It and Forget-It series, and Stock the Crock is her latest cookbook. It is a compilation of recipes from others which are her favorites. This recipe from Michelle G. was certainly a keeper.
One thing you’ll never see me do, in any of my slow cooker recipes, is photograph it with ingredients that have been cooked separately, outside of a slow cooker. I pride myself in photographing and showing you how dishes will look. I totally cringe when I see people sharing slow cooker recipes with crisp, brightly colored vegetables (like broccoli or green beans) that when actually cooked in a slow cooker, turn a dull color. That is just the reality of cooking in a slow cooker! I know that my readers appreciate me “keeping it real” so I just wanted to share that with you.
This 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken and stuffing recipe is super easy to make, and so delicious. It’s one I will definitely be making all fall and winter!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Fire Roasted Tomato Pot Roast
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Quinoa
- Healthy Crockpot Turmeric Chicken & Potatoes Recipe
5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless and halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package stuffing mix 6 oz. package
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10.75 oz. can
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green beans 12 oz.
- Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock pot, sprinkle on a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour dry stuffing mix into the crockpot on top of the chicken.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and water and stir until smooth. Spoon over the stuffing and place the green beans on top of the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. Stir to mix ingredients before serving.