This 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken and stuffing recipe is perfect for a super easy comforting crockpot meal the whole family will love!
The weather finally “feels” like fall. It’s getting cooler outside, the leaves are changing colors, and it’s getting darker earlier.
It makes for long days where all I want to do when I get home from work is sit on the couch, snuggle with Ben, and have dinner ready, waiting for me.
The slow cooker is perfect for meals like that!
All you do is put ingredients in your crockpot in the morning, and then when you come home, dinner awaits.
This recipe was actually inspired by Phyllis Good’s new cookbook called Stock the Crock, I noticed this recipe only had 5 ingredients (chicken breast, stuffing, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and green beans – water, salt, and pepper are not included, because like I say in my five-ingredient Friday series, chances are you have those in your kitchen!)
Phyllis is the creator the bestselling Fix-It and Forget-It series, and Stock the Crock is her latest cookbook. It is a compilation of recipes from others which are her favorites. This recipe from Michelle G. was certainly a keeper.
One thing you’ll never see me do, in any of my slow cooker recipes, is photograph it with ingredients that have been cooked separately, outside of a slow cooker. I pride myself in photographing and showing you how dishes will look. I totally cringe when I see people sharing slow cooker recipes with crisp, brightly colored vegetables (like broccoli or green beans) that when actually cooked in a slow cooker, turn a dull color. That is just the reality of cooking in a slow cooker! I know that my readers appreciate me “keeping it real” so I just wanted to share that with you.
This 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken, stuffing and green bean recipe is super easy to make, and so delicious. It’s one I will definitely be making all fall and winter!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Fire Roasted Tomato Pot Roast
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Quinoa
- Healthy Crockpot Turmeric Chicken & Potatoes Recipe
5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 6 oz. package stuffing mix
- 1 10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups 12 oz. fresh or frozen green beans
- Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock pot, sprinkle on a dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour dry stuffing mix into the crockpot on top of the chicken.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and water and stir until smooth. Spoon over the stuffing and place the green beans on top of the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. Stir to mix ingredients before serving.