As you can probably tell, I loooove Greek food! So when I was at one of my favorite wholesale grocery stores (Costco) the other day, I saw a Tzatziki greek yogrut sauce I just had to buy, it hasn’t been a let down! I can’t wait to make more recipes with this wonderful sauce.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbs Gluten Free breadcrumbs I used something called 'Chicken Coating Mix
- Salt pepper, oregano (about 1/2 tsp of each)
- 1.5 cup rice I just happened to have a white rice on hand, but i'm sure brown rice would be great with this as well
- 3 cups water
- 4 oz Feta Cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In a pot bring to boil 2 cups water. Add in rice and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. When rice is finished cooking, fluff with a fork and add Feta cheese before serving.
- In a bowl mix ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, and seasonings. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and add hand-formed meatballs. Turn meatballs every 5 minutes to evenly cook.
- To serve, place meatballs, feta rice and 2 tbs tzatziki sauce in a bowl and enjoy