I have always loved Taco Tuesdays, so this Tuesday I tried a Gluten Free Brand of Taco Shells called Bearitos and I was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. Also, I tried a Gourmet Seasoning packet from Chef Rick Bayless to cook with the ground turkey I used…it was SO GOOD, my fiance ate 7 Taco’s-you read that right 🙂
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet Gourmet Seasoning-Red Chile and Cumin Mix from Chef Rick Bayless
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 Cup chopped red/orange/yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbs sour cream
- 1 avocado sliced and slightly salted
- In a pan heat olive oil and add onion, next add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, add gourmet seasoning mix and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- In a small pan add the peppers and let cook until browned.
- Chop up the avocado and place in a bowl
- Heat tacos according to directions for 3-5 minutes.
- To assemble have bowls lined up of all desired ingredients and stuff tacos as desired (ours had sour cream, avocados, cheddar cheese, roasted peppers and ground turkey.)
Ingredients (I ended up not using the can of black beans