After 6 years and many wonderful memories, we are selling our house!
We’re staying in the Milwaukee area, but we are selling our current house in the West Allis neighborhood to move a little closer to my work, and in hopes for a little more space for the SweetPhi blog headquarters. Currently, my commute to work is well over an hour plus every day, and multiply that times 5 days a week…it adds up to over 7 hours every week…it’s a lot. I’m sharing this post today to share with you all a little home tour, and for future memories of how amazing this house is!
Surprisingly, when mentioning that we were thinking of putting our house on the market, I’ve heard from more than a few bloggers who have told me they sold their homes after mentioning it on their blogs and either a reader or some blog connection bought their home, so here’s to hoping! If you, or someone you know is looking to buy a bungalow in the West Allis/Milwaukee area, please send them our way: 1486785 is the mls number, here is the listing. It is a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. It has an updated kitchen with newer cabinets, counters & flooring. Living room, 2nd & 3rd bedrooms have hardwood floors, the master bedroom is upstairs (2nd bedroom is a walk-thru, now used as a den-which I use as an office and a place to DVR all the bad TV shows Nick doesn’t want to watch with me – why he doesn’t want to watch Millionaire Matchmaker is beyond me, lol). The house has a new roof and chimney and a big basement.
Here are some things I truly love about this house:
- It’s walking distance to an incredible farmer’s market & restaurants (there’s a new brunch spot that is really delish, and walking distance!)
- The kitchen gets amazing light-whether you’re into photography or not, it’s gorgeous light that comes in!
- I photographed, recipe tested, and developed each and every recipe in my cookbook in the kitchen (I set up a little studio on the kitchen table). Every recipe on my blog is also photographed in the kitchen.
- The living room is nice and big and great for parties and gatherings, of which we’ve had many.
- There are peonies and lilac bushes in the backyard – in the spring, it’s so pretty and smells amazing walking in the yard.
- There is a raised planter box in the backyard. Vegetables grow SO well in the garden, each year I have endless tomatoes, peppers, and other vegetables (zucchini, cucumbers, eggplants, etc.) This harvest is from today!
This home is the perfect starter home waiting for its new owners. For those of you viewing this from afar – I hope you’ve enjoyed a little behind-the-scenes of our house, now I’m off to go make all the tomato recipes (like these tomato tarts and the quick marinara sauce recipe in my cookbook!)
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!