After 6 years and many wonderful memories, we are selling our house!
We’re staying in the Milwaukee area, but we are selling our current house in the West Allis neighborhood to move a little closer to my work, and in hopes for a little more space for the SweetPhi blog headquarters. Currently, my commute to work is well over an hour plus every day, and multiply that times 5 days a week…it adds up to over 7 hours every week…it’s a lot. I’m sharing this post today to share with you all a little home tour, and for future memories of how amazing this house is!
Surprisingly, when mentioning that we were thinking of putting our house on the market, I’ve heard from more than a few bloggers who have told me they sold their homes after mentioning it on their blogs and either a reader or some blog connection bought their home, so here’s to hoping! If you, or someone you know is looking to buy a bungalow in the West Allis/Milwaukee area, please send them our way: 1486785 is the mls number, here is the listing. It is a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. It has an updated kitchen with newer cabinets, counters & flooring. Living room, 2nd & 3rd bedrooms have hardwood floors, the master bedroom is upstairs (2nd bedroom is a walk-thru, now used as a den-which I use as an office and a place to DVR all the bad TV shows Nick doesn’t want to watch with me – why he doesn’t want to watch Millionaire Matchmaker is beyond me, lol). The house has a new roof and chimney and a big basement.
Here are some things I truly love about this house:
- It’s walking distance to an incredible farmer’s market & restaurants (there’s a new brunch spot that is really delish, and walking distance!)
- The kitchen gets amazing light-whether you’re into photography or not, it’s gorgeous light that comes in!
- I photographed, recipe tested, and developed each and every recipe in my cookbook in the kitchen (I set up a little studio on the kitchen table). Every recipe on my blog is also photographed in the kitchen.
- The living room is nice and big and great for parties and gatherings, of which we’ve had many.
- There are peonies and lilac bushes in the backyard – in the spring, it’s so pretty and smells amazing walking in the yard.
- There is a raised planter box in the backyard. Vegetables grow SO well in the garden, each year I have endless tomatoes, peppers, and other vegetables (zucchini, cucumbers, eggplants, etc.) This harvest is from today!
Other posts you might enjoy:
- Costco Favorites – What To Buy At Costco
- A list of my favorite cookbook!
- How to Meal Prep (with Tips and Tricks)
This home is the perfect starter home waiting for its new owners. For those of you viewing this from afar – I hope you’ve enjoyed a little behind-the-scenes of our house, now I’m off to go make all the tomato recipes (like these tomato tarts and the quick marinara sauce recipe in my cookbook!)
What a cozy and beautiful home!! Good luck with the house sale!! We are currently under contract to sell our current house – I’m going to miss it but moving on to bigger and better things!! 🙂 This is a good reminder that I need to take pictures before we actually move out in a few weeks so I remember it well!
Thank you so much – I hope the right buyers come along. It’s definitely bittersweet. Good luck selling your house too! And after posting this my hubby looked at my blog and said how amazing it was to see the pictures…awwww, so many memories in a house, right?
Your place looks so charming! I’m sure there are many memories for you and your husband there 🙂 We are looking to buy a house soon, but sadly not in your area.. Good luck with the sale!
Thank you so much for the well wishes! They’re doing an open house this weekend, so fingers crossed and pray for us? Best of luck to you in your house search!!
What a beautiful home! I’m sure it will be perfect for someone and you’ll have all these great memories to look back on and read about! It’s an exciting time for you, I hope it sells quickly! New chapters are the best!
Thank you so much for following along on our journey, and thank you for the well wishes!
Kay B says
You have a beautiful home. Good luck selling it, the housing market is really active right now ?
Thank you so much Kay – hopefully the right buyer is out there looking at our house 😉
shawnna griffin says
hey girl love your house! Good luck on selling it! I’ll be praying for ya!
Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers, really appreciate that!
Your home is beautiful Phi, probably a little bittersweet for you, so many great memories
There are so many great memories in the house Cheri, you’re so very right about it being bittersweet 🙂
I lived in that house before Nick did!
That’s so true! He just told me that you lived here two week before he moved it – I remember when you guys were roomies 🙂