Costco. A store where you buy a membership and then can buy wholesale goods – at wholesale prices! Do you love it?! Or are you not a member yet? If you’re not, you should be! It took me some time to hop on the bandwagon, but I’m so glad I did! And since becoming a mom, I love it even more (they sell diapers/wipes/formula at prices which you just cannot beat)! I didn’t even know that was possible.
Lately, I feel like there has been a lot of discussion about Costco in my life. I’ve had quite a few people ask if I thought the membership was worth and if they should join. Well, the answer is yes, I absolutely do think you should join. And if you need more convincing, I asked my newsletter community what their favorite things to buy at Costco are. So I compiled a list and am sharing Costco favorites!
We’ve also been taking Ben there since he started eating, he loves going with us on weekends and trying the samples (another thing I love is trying new things that they’re sampling!)
And without further ado, favorite Costco purchases from SweetPhi readers and friends:
Although this list may look short, you know how important it is if you have kids. You won’t find a better prices. A lot of people love the Kirkland brand (the Costco brand) – they also sell Huggies there (our faves, what all three of my kids wear!) They’re amazing and so cheap for a giant box!
- Diapers (Kirkland or Huggies)
- Wipes (Kirkland or Huggies)
- Formula (Kirkland or Similac)
Food & Beverage
I obviously love this list and can so appreciate cost effective food when you’re trying to feed a family. Countless readers suggested the same foods over and over, which tells me just how good they are.
- cheese and meat (especially for sandwiches and parties) – I love making a diy sandwich bar for parties!
- loaded baked potato salad
- stuffed peppers (premade, ready to be baked)
- frozen fruits for smoothies
- chicken salad and croissants
- Kodiak cakes (frozen protein waffles)
- almond butter/peanut butter
- maple syrup
- kids food pouches (like applesauce)
- organic fruits and veggies
- canned diced tomatoes and black beans
- all meats – pork, ground turkey and frozen chicken (I like buying the organic chicken breasts, prices per pound cannot be beat!)
- Tusan pork medallions (marinated pork ready to cook – these are so good!)
- salmon! I buy their big salmon fillets and then portion them/freeze it
- marinated skirt steak in the meat section. It’s a large piece, but can be cut it into portions and frozen. Works great grilled and sliced on a salad!
- rotisserie chicken ($4.99 – I buy a rotisserie chicken every time we go to Costco and make chicken salad for lunches for us for the week – recipe coming soon, it’s from the Cooking That Counts cookbook – one of my favorite cookbooks). One reader uses it to make a variety of different meals; salads, sandwiches, pasta dishes and even quiche!
- individual hummus and guac cups
- trail mix packs
- pesto – you can freeze it or keep the jar in the refrigerator to keep it lasting longer
- birthday cake ($18.99 for half sheet cake) or baked goods for a party
- “bacon in a bag”- pre-cooked bacon pieces that taste like the real thing-except no mess. You can use it right out of the bag or warm in up in a fry pan – perfect for a quick BLT!
- pots-lava cakes and pots de creme – these are oven ready and even come with a little re-usable ramekin
- Hannah brand tzatziki
- naan and naan dippers
- toilet paper
- paper towel
- all clear laundry soap or their eco-friendly laundry soap
- comfortable skinny pants
- great seasonal buys – shorts in summer/coats in winter
- Carter’s brand pjs and baby clothes at seriously cheap prices
- kids -book section for gifts and toy section around holidays
- educational puzzles
- gift baskets for holidays
Other posts you might enjoy:
- List of Baby Products I Actually Used
- A list of my favorite cookbooks!
- A day in the life: working and blogging full time
So, there you have it. Plenty of reasons to run out the door and get your very own Costco membership! Did your favorites make the list? I’d love to know in the comments below if there’s anything you love that you buy at Costco!