When you’re looking for something fun and easy to do with your fresh tomatoes, this grape tomato tart recipe is perfect! They’re beautiful and delicious too.
What can I do with cherry tomatoes?
This tart is our favorite thing to make with cherry tomatoes. We use a variety of grape tomatoes; red grape and sun grape, which are beautiful and yellow in color. Keep reading to see just how beautiful these tarts turn out because of the variety in color.
How to make a grape tomato tart
To make the tarts you’ll start by making the tart crusts which is delicious cornmeal crust that is light and crisp. You can make the crusts free form, but I found these little paper tart forms that worked out perfectly!
Once you have the tart forms done, the rest of the process is a breeze!
Simply put some fresh mozzarella in the tart pan, sprinkle in a little shredded mozzarella, then load up the tomatoes! Bake and enjoy!
And just look at how beautiful the tarts come out:
This fresh grape tomato tart is the perfect summertime snack, lunch, light dinner or even appetizer. One of the best parts of the recipe is just how versatile it is.
If you’re looking for more great tomato recipes, check out our roundup here. There are so many great ways to use fresh produce and tomato options are endless! A few of our favorite recipes include:
P.S. If you’re looking for a way to cut a lot of cherry tomatoes at once, this tip is a real time saver!
Grape Tomato Tarts
For the crusts
- 2 Cups All Purpose flour plus 1-2 tbs for dusting
- 1/2 Cup Cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 stick Butter cold, unsalted and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup Ice Water
For the Filling
- 2 Cups Grape Tomatoes
- 4-6 ounces Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella reduced fat part skim
- 1-2 Tablespoons Mediterranean Sea Salt
To make crusts
- Pulse flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt in a food processor (about 3 times to combine). Then add the butter pieces, pulse about 8 times until the butter is incorporated, then slowly drizzle in the ice water and then process until everything is combined and the dough comes together in the food processor (about a minute).
- Remove ingredients from the food processor and form a ball. Then out of that ball divide it into two other balls, then repeat that until you have 8 small balls. Flatten into discs.
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap, lay 8 discs on it, cover it with another piece of plastic wrap and put in the freezer for half an hour.
- After half an hour lightly dust a board with flour, then roll out the discs and line tart forms (or free form them into crusts.)
To make the tarts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- When tart dough is done being formed, add in about half an ounce to an ounce of fresh mozzarella. Top it with a pinch or two of shredded mozzarella, then lay 8-10 grape tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with Mediterranean sea salt. Repeat with all tarts.
- Place tarts on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the tops of the tomatoes are browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!