In this week’s meal plan there are wonderful healthy recipes (like a kids mac ‘n cheese they’ll never know secretly has veggies in it) and comforting recipes, perfect for the cold January weather.
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
- This recipe is flexible – you can cheeses for your favorite or add additional toppings such as bacon or sausage.
- Shortcut option: Use frozen broccoli so you don’t have to spend time chopping. If you use fresh broccoli, cook time will vary slightly.
- Quick tip: once an avocado is at proper ripeness level, put it in the fridge to stop the ripening process.
- A vegetarian dinner that even a meat lover would enjoy
- Make your own crispy chickpeas in an Air Fryer or on the stovetop
- You’ll make your own shawarma spice mixture for this recipe
- These muffins can be frozen. When they’re completely cooled put them in a ziplock freezer bag.
- To enjoy remove a muffin and remove the wrapping and microwave for 30 seconds (or until no longer frozen).
- Enjoy frozen muffins within 1 month of freezing.
- I love using meal prep containers like these to store this pasta salad in the fridge!
- This recipe is a re-creation of one of the items in the protein box from Starbucks.
- You can freeze this recipe and have fresh bread waiting for you in your freezer whenever you need it. To freeze them simply allow the bread rounds to cool completely, then store in a freezer storage bag. When ready to enjoy, remove a round from the freezer and allow it to come to defrost on the counter, or microwave for 30 seconds.
- You can use 1 1/2 cups already made muesli, instead of the 1/4 cup each of the different dried fruit and nuts and omit the 1/4 cup oats
- A great meal prep/make-ahead breakfast option
- Great as an appetizer or a meal
- This recipe works with ground beef or ground chicken too.
- Make sure your meatballs are 3/4 to fully submerged so that the rice cooks, you can add little bit of water to your sauce.
- This recipe can be made in an Instant Pot or a slow cooker, it goes well served over pasta or rice!