This Instant Pot pork ragu pasta sauce is a warm and comforting; perfect for those winter nights. Plus, thanks to the Instant Pot, this meal is ready in under an hour.
Any dish that the kids will eat and that doesn’t require hands-on time is one that we will be making on repeat in our house. And, as you can see, Ben loved it too!
What ingredients do you need for pork ragu pasta sauce?
It may look like a lot, but they are simple ingredients, I promise!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fennel bulb
- Small yellow onion
- Medium stalks celery
- Garlic cloves
- Pork shoulder
- Garbanzo beans,
- Tomato puree
- Beef or chicken stock
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried rosemary, oregano and parsley
- Penne pasta or egg noodles – I prefer to use pappardelle
- Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, for topping
This pork dinner is the best because everything is made in the Instant Pot, so I’m really only washing a handful of dishes. Plus, the dish always makes me feel at home – there’s just something about it.
Is an Instant Pot worth it?
In my opinion, YES! I use this one and love it. For a recipe this rich and hearty, it would take much much longer on the stovetop. Plus, if you every want to make soups, an Instant Pot is a must! Fresh soup like this or this on the table in no time at all.
The best part about this recipe is that it is a pasta with homemade sauce all in one. And don’t forget the most delicious pork to really tie the dish together.
I made this goulash recipe a couple of years ago and it was a recipe I had enjoyed all throughout my childhood. I describe it as warm and fuzzy and this dish is just the same.
When you’re looking for a new dinner to bring into your weeknight rotation, add this Instant Pot pork ragu pasta sauce to the list. Affordable, delicious and easy to make!
Instant Pot Pork Ragu Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 stalks (medium) celery chopped
- 2 medium-large Carrots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder cut into large chunks
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can tomato puree 28 oz.
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1 lb. penne pasta or egg noodles pappardella is my favorite
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- In your Instant Pot, set sauté setting for 10 minutes, and sauté onion, fennel, celery, carrot and pork shoulder pieces.
- While the mixture is sautéing, add seasonings.
- When the sauté setting beeps/is done, add in garbanzo beans, tomato puree, red wine vinegar, and beef stock. Stir.
- Add lid to Instant Pot. Make sure valve is in sealing position. Cook high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Do a quick release. Add pasta and cook for 2-4 minutes. Cook time depends on if you're using dry or fresh pasta.
- Do a quick release again, stir, and enjoy! You'll have pasta and sauce all ready to go. Serve with cheese on top.
This is super delicious!
I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed this!!! Thank you!!!
How would you adjust the recipe gor no noodles? Less liquid?
Great question, thank you for asking! I would use a little less broth, so 2/3 cup vs. 1 cup, but everything else stays the same!