I’m very excited about this week’s meal plan because it’s filled with fun recipes! I’m including ways to sneak vegetables into tasty dishes, create quick, protein-packed lunches and delicious dinners the whole family will love.
Notes from this week’s meal plan:
- A great recipe to make and freeze leftovers
- You can make these waffles gluten free by simply substituting the flour in the recipe for gluten free flour. The ratio is 1 to 1. Just be sure to use a good baking gluten free flour like this one.
- Let the mixture sit while the waffle maker warms up. This helps ensure the waffles will be nice and fluffy.
- A great way to sneak vegetables into a meal!
- Quick pickling is refrigerator pickling
- This recipe is very vinegar forward
- Marinate for 1-2 days or eat them as soon as one hour after putting them in
- I love using a pot like this to make this meal!
- This is a great no-cook breakfast! The oats simple absorb the liquid and that’s it!
- Top with brown sugar and walnuts (you could maple syrup instead of brown sugar as a sweetener and pecans or almonds instead of walnuts).
- Customize this grab and go breakfast for everyone in the house
- You can use gluten free buns to make this meal gluten free!
- If you choose to use coconut oil, like I did, you can choose to melt it first. That makes it easier to mix in. I would suggest microwaving for 30 seconds until a bit liquidy.
- My two favorite toppings combinations:
- Pepita coconut (adjust amounts) – 1/2 cup pepitas – pumpkin seeds, ½ cup raisins, 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 cup chopped pecans
- Chocolate cherry – 1 cup dried cherries, 1 cup chocolate chunks, 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes *if using chocolate, add at the end with 5 minutes left of baking time.
- If you’re adding chocolate as one of your toppings, add it when there is only 5 minutes left in the oven otherwise the chocolate will burn (<- game changing tip for making chocolate granola).
- Make a large batch and store in an airtight container for up to one month. Or freeze it to extend shelf life even longer.