Nothing says summer like peaches and this weekly meal plan has a few great peach recipes for you to enjoy!
Some notes on the weekly meal plan:
- Allow frittata to cool completely. Slice into pieces and cover entire baking dish with aluminum foil, or divide pieces into individual containers, or plastic wrap individual slices and put in a freezer storage bag. Adhere a label and freeze. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Warm from frozen:
- To warm, remove a piece of frittata from aluminum foil or container, and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, then allow to rest for 30 seconds, then enjoy! Depending on your microwave, you may need to microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until warm throughout.
- I like to make the sushi rice (you could also use plain brown or white rice) ahead of time, and then I like to bake the tofu to give it a nice crispy outside (you could also fry the tofu or eat it as is).
- I love to serve this crumble with vanilla ice cream!
- Depending on what type of liquid you use, you may have to add a little extra liquid for the batter if the batter is too thick. For example, if you use whole milk, use an additional tablespoon to 1/4 cup water, or if you use a thicker milk (like buttermilk) you may need to use a little extra liquid.
- For even more flexibility with this recipe, you can make it vegan by simply making it without milk. You can substitute in water, oat milk, almond milk – or really, any non-dairy milk.
- I like to double the recipe and freeze a few, they freeze/reheat really well (I just pop the frozen waffle into a toaster).
- This recipe would also be great as a wrap!
- This recipe is easily scaled down: Simply make as many tacos as desired and save the remaining pork and tacos for leftovers. If you have leftover shredded pork, it stores really well: place the shredded pork in an airtight container and pour some juices from the slow cooker over the meat.
- This pork freezes and reheats very well. To freeze, place the shredded pork in a resealable plastic freezer bag and label with the date when it was made.
- I love using this panini press to make this sandwich!
- I add in Thai sweet chili sauce (which is such a great sauce and can be found in your local grocery store or you can buy a big jar of it on amazon!)
- If you choose to bake straight from the freezer, make sure it’s in a disposable container. Do not put glass pan/dish in oven straight from freezer because it will shatter.