This cheeseburger is made with inspiration and ingredients from the Farmers Market and is one delicious and irresistible burger that is sure to become a favorite!
Whenever possible in the summer and fall you’ll find me at the Farmers Market on Saturdays. I love supporting local and the flavor of farm fresh ingredients just can’t be beat!
When my hubby and I were at the Farmers Market last weekend, we came across a food truck we’d never seen before called Eats and Treats. We asked which of their delicious sounding burgers they’d recommend, and were enthusiastically told to ‘try the Cheesehead’ cheeseburger-a simple cheeseburger with cheese spread on the bun.
The end result…DELISH!! So simple yet so good!
After having a few bites, my hubby said ‘you should make a burger like this with ingredients from the Farmers Market.’
I immediately was on board!
To make this burger you’ll need ground beef, burger buns (we got Brioche buns at the farmers market-the subtle sweetness of the bun with the other ingredients was perfect), and cheese spread (we had Sharp Cheddar on our burger at the farmers market, but they did offer Port Wine or Swiss Almond as options, they did say that the Sharp Cheddar was the most popular!)
And then enjoy this delicious cheeseburger!
- 1 Lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Burger buns we used Brioche buns
- 8 Tbs Sharp Cheddar Spread Cheese spread
- 16 Slices of Pickles
- 4 Tbs Ketchup
- In a bowl mix ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Divide into four balls, and then flatten and form into patties. Press a well into the middle of the burger patties then cook in a nonstick pan. I do 5 minutes per side on high heat, but cook until desired level of doneness is reached.
- Cut each burger bun in half and spread about one tablespoon (or more) of the cheese spread on each side of the burger bun, then place 4 slices of pickles on the bottom bun, place a burger patty on top of the pickles, then pour a little ketchup on top, then place top burger bun on top and enjoy!