These 3 ingredient cashew snack bars are so awesome to have on hand as a quick and healthy snack! The three simple ingredients all combine together to make complete deliciousness. This also happens to be a gluten free vegan snack!
These snack bars reminded me so much of a Larabar…but um, how do I say this…these tasted even better! Like whoa much better.
What ingredients do I need to make these snack bars?
- Raw cashews – it’s as simple as that. One cup of cashews!
- Dates – I use medjool dates. Make sure they are pitted. These help the bars hold together, and give them sweetness.
- Chocolate chips – use semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe. I usually like to use Ghirardelli brand.
The recipe for these snack bars come from The Best 3 Ingredient Cookbook: 100 fast and easy recipes for everyone by Toby Amidor. You know how I love my easy recipes with minimal ingredients and great flavor, and the recipes in this book deliver on all accounts.
I love reading cookbooks cover to cover and this one was good throughout. The book has a lot of great info in it; especially tips for meal planning and using minimal ingredients. The cookbook itself was really easy to use. It has icons for everything from dietary type (gluten-free, vegan, dairy free) to if it’s a freezer friendly recipe or one pot meal; I really loved that aspect of the book!
This recipe made 9 bars, but you could cut them bigger or smaller if you want to make them into small energy bites.
And you know how much I love making little energy bites. A few of my favorite recipes are below:
- No bake coconut date energy bites
- 3 ingredient chocolate hazelnut date energy bites
- 5 ingredient peanut butter pretzel energy bites
- No bake oatmeal cookie energy bites
I’m making this recipe for 3 ingredient cashew snack bars on repeat and not even feeling guilty about enjoying them over and over again.
3 Ingredient Cashew Snack Bars
This recipe for 3 ingredient cashew snack bars is a great healthy snack to keep on-hand for a snack on the go, and it's a gluten free vegan snack!Print Rate
Servings: 8 bars
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates I use medjool dates
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, toast cashews until slightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While cooling line a square pan 9x9 with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the cooled cashews and dates to a blender or food processor. Pulse, scraping down the sides with a wooden spoon occasionally, until the batter is a smooth paste-like consistency. (I blended mine in a food processor for a good 1-2 minutes - you'll know when it's done when it forms a big ball-like shape).
- Spoon the batter into prepared baking dish (or divide between 2 loaf pans), and using a spatula and/or clean fingers, press down until flattened. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool for 15 minutes (up to 24 hrs.).
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on High, stirring every 30 seconds. (Mine only needed 1 minute to be melted).
- Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the bars.
- Place the dish back into the refrigerator to set the chocolate, 15 minutes-1 hr.
- Remove the parchment paper and cut the bars. Cut into 8 or 9 bars. Store in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Tip - lift the parchment paper with batter out of the pan, drizzle chocolate over, and then place the parchment paper back into the pan. The nutrition information presented on this site should be considered an estimate as the calculations will change based on the exact products you use in your own kitchen.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 338mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg