This is, hands down, the best ever cheesy garlic bread. Crunchy, crusty, bread, garlic, ooey-gooey cheese….then topped with feta and sunflower seeds. Did she just say sunflower seeds? Why yes, yes I did!
I had been hearing about ‘the best garlic bread from this place outside Seattle’ for the longest time from my in-laws. So when my husband and I took a vacation to Seattle this past fall there was no option but to go, and I was definitely not disappointed. Side note-this vacation I speak of is the same one where we went to Portland, I spoke about it in my post when I made Cilantro, Lime & Wine Pesto Mac n Cheese and spoke about Oregon Wine Country….clearly, our vacation really inspired me food wise!
The restaurant that inspired this recipe is called Pegasus Pizza on Alki Beach. Pegasus Pizza is located directly on Alki Beach (a gorgeous beach that even has a mini replica of the Statute of Liberty).
Ok, so you see me shoveling the garlic bread in my face? haha, it was SO good. I’ve been thinking about it ever since! It is the most unique garlic bread in that it is topped with Feta and Sunflower Seeds…the crunch and saltiness and flavor combination is so delicious, you really need to try it!
- 2 Foot long loaf French bread
- 1 Stick Butter at room temp
- 3 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 Cup Feta crumbles
- 1/4 Cup Dry Roasted Sunflower Seed Kernels
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut bread in half, then cut each half in half and lay crust side down on the lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine butter and garlic cloves. Liberally spread butter-garlic spread on each half of the bread (you should have 4 halves).
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella onto buttered halves. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt. Remove from oven, add feta crumbles and dry roasted sunflower seeds, then bake for another 10 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into slices and enjoy!