This delicious, oh so yummy cheesy bacon ranch bread made with Kraft Pourables is a definite crowd pleaser and is part of a shop compensated by the social shopper amplification company Collective Bias® and its advertiser because I am a member of the Social Fabric® Community. #CollectiveBias
Normally when one thinks of Kraft Pourables Dressing in Ranch or Zesty Italian one thinks of delicious and easy salad recipes, right? Well, today I’m going to blow your mind by sharing this recipe for amazingly delicious Cheesy Bacon Ranch Bread.
Mind, will equal blown!
So good! So so so so so good! I think you’re getting the idea about how good this bread is!
You know who is really to thank for helping this recipe come to life? My amazing hubby of course! We were doing a little grocery shopping and I had salad dressing on my list, so as I’m getting it I’m talking out loud about wanting to make a sandwich with cheese and bacon, and then a little light bulb in my head went off…wouldn’t it be great to spread Ranch on the bread and then add bacon and cheese? My husband thought that would be an excellent idea, so home we went.
We get home, and I realize I have no bread…oops. But since the flavor combination was in my head and I HAD to have it, my husband volunteered to help me make bread, and I thought…wouldn’t it be great to bake the bread with cheese, bacon and ranch baked in? So together, my husband and I made this bread.
You see, the thing about me is that while I love to cook and bake, when it comes to baking bread, I simply do not have the patience! Like, zero patience! So when bread baking is involved, I need someone telling me to leave the room otherwise I’ll look at the dough and after minute 2 of rising time say ‘that looks good enough’ and as funny as that may be, it results in very dense and not so good bread!
You’ll start by getting all your ingredients set up (makes it so much easier once you get going so that you’re not looking around for anything! Then you’ll make the bread dough:
After your dough is all ready and has risen, you’ll flatten it, spread the cheesy-bacon-ranch mixture on the dough, roll it up, cut it in half and then let it rise again and then it’ll be ready for the oven!
The new Kraft Pourables have been reinvented with a new, better taste, and it really comes through! I think what gave this bread an extra zing was using Kraft Zesty Italian (which now has even more herbs & spices!) as part of the dough, and then the creamy buttermilk Ranch (The Classic Ranch is now creamier, with more buttermilk and savory herbs) in the center mixed with cheese and bacon #FoodDeservesDelicious.
I’d like to also mention that your house will smell heavenly. Not only is it the delicious scent of bread baking that will waft through the house, but it will be combined with cheesy bacon scents. Cheesy-bacon-ranch-baking-bread scent is so good.
I would definitely suggest having friends over right after baking this, that way they can enjoy how good your house smells, but also enjoy the freshly baked bread with you! This would also be the perfect dish to bring to a party or get together!
Also, by rolling the bread dough up, the end result will be cheese, bacon, and ranch ribboned throughout and a beautiful spiral bread!
- For the bread dough:
- 4-5 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1/6 Cup Zesty Italian
- 1/6 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water + 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbs Yeast
- For the filling-
- 1 lb bacon chopped
- 2 Cups Mozzarella shredded
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar shredded
- 1 Cup Kraft Ranch dressing
- For baking-
- 1/2 Cup cornmeal
- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup warm water and pinch of sugar, stir. Then add yeast and do not stir, let sit for 10 minutes until it foams.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add flour, sugar, salt, remaining water, oil/zesty Italian mixture and eggs. With the dough hook attached at speed one let dough mix for 2 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture to the stand mixer. Mix on speed 2 (maximum with dough hook) until dough forms- about 5 minutes. If dough is too wet after about a minute, of the 5 minutes, add more flour (I always start with 4 cups and then add 1/4 cup at a time).
- Grease a bowl with a little bit of oil, pat the dough into a ball and put into the bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, cook the bacon. Cut bacon into little pieces, then cook until browned (10 minutes) then drain excess grease by putting bacon bits on a paper towel covered plate.
- In a bowl mix shredded mozzarella and cheddar and ranch and bacon bits, stir a few times to combine.
- At this point, the dough will be doubled in size. Punch down and roll out onto a flour covered board or surface. Roll it into a rectangle shape.
- Spread cheesy bacon ranch mixture on top of the dough.
- Roll dough along the short end. Then cut the dough in half.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal. Put one half in the middle of each baking sheet. and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is melted and outsides are brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a little, then serve and watch it disappear!!