These quick and easy 5 ingredient vegetarian sushi bowls with tofu are perfect for a flavorful meal when you’re short on time.
Welcome to my first official Five Ingredient Friday recipe post since having a baby! I’m so excited about today’s recipe because it’s one of my favorite vegetarian 5 ingredient recipes that I’ve been making and eating for months now!
As a new mom, I can tell you that the name of the game is ‘quick’ and ‘easy’ when it comes to mealtime, especially lunch when my hubby is at work and I’m home alone with the baby. Actually, I can safely say that that was also the name of the game before baby Ben.
I would always pack lunches and would never really take a long lunch; I’d do more of a working lunch where I’d eat and get stuff done. Now I have a precious little bundle of joy to watch over in addition.
These vegetarian sushi bowls are definitely perfect for those busy lunchtimes when you still want something delicious and healthy. They’re made with a Nasoya tofu product called Tofubaked (you may remember how in love with Nasoya brand tofu I am from this vegetarian sandwich recipe.)
Tofubaked is a product that I absolutely love: it is tofu marinated and baked, and ready to enjoy hot or cold. My favorite flavor to use in this dish is the sesame ginger, it is so yummy and flavorful, and like all of Nasoya’s products, it is USDA organic, non-GMO and a great source of protein!
The great thing about these 5 ingredient sushi bowls is that the components can be made/prepped ahead of time, so that when you’re ready to eat, you can just assemble the bowls and you’re ready to go!
I like to make the sushi rice (you could also use plain brown or white rice) ahead of time, and then I like to bake the tofu to give it a nice crispy outside (you could also fry the tofu or eat it as is).
When you put these vegetarian sushi bowls together, it’s sheer deliciousness. Hope you enjoy!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Healthy Slow Cooker Lentil and Vegetable Soup
- Vegetarian Japanese Pan Noodles
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Sandwich
5 Ingredient Vegetarian Sushi Bowls Recipe
- [1 package Nasoya Tofubaked sesame ginger]
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 sheets nori seaweed – or you could use sesame flavored nori, cut into strips
- 2-4 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari if gluten free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place tofu on the baking sheet. Bake tofu for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, and then remove from oven.
- Cook sushi rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- To assemble bowls, divide rice into 4 bowls. Divide the tofu among the bowls, top with avocado pieces and ¼ of the nori strips and then drizzle a little soy sauce over the bowl, and enjoy!
This post is brought to you by my partnership with Nasoya. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that make the SweetPhi blog possible.