Ever heard of a splatter room? Definitely one of the most fun experiences ever! That and a sad moment: our 3 year old twins might be dropping their afternoon naps 🙁 Here’s a glimpse into our family life from the past month in this edition of Catching Up With The Kelnhofers.
Activities – splatter room and scribble scrubbies
- I took the older 3 kids to the ‘splatter room’ at Field Workshop. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! I cannot tell you enough how cool this activity was. I would, however, recommend just going to the splatter room and not the tinker room, although fun, the tinker room was very pricey – and let’s face it, not nearly as cool as the splatter room (which is worth every penny!) I’d also totally recommend this for teens and adults too!
- The kids all are still playing with their scribble scrubbies Santa brought them! They’ll play with these things for hours!
- Also, I know I mentioned this in a Love List – but these giant sticker posters are incredible! We’ve had a couple kid birthday parties lately and I think I’m going to buy a few of these to keep on hand as gifts!
No more naps for Frankie
- We think Frankie is dropping her afternoon nap (which was gloriously from 1-4). It’s been really tough during this transition, and she’ll be grumpy and tired … all the while refusing to nap…and then fall asleep in the car (parents know how fun it is having to wake a kid up from car naps).
- This weekend I tried building her a little fort she could nap in, it still didn’t work. Some days she tells me ‘mommy my eyes hurt’…couldn’t be from being tired, no way, right?
- Does this no nap keep her from waking up (daily) at 4:30-5am? NOPE, it’s been challenging going through this transition lol.
Fun moments this month:
- We went out to a restaurant with an arcade on the second floor (Reunion Restaurant) with Nicks family, so fun, and Freddie won a giant red ball.
- Nick and I went on a date night with friends (Morel Restaurant – Caroline’s Jazz club) – super fun evening in Walker’s Point.
- A few randoms pics from sweet moments
- If you want to know what made me laugh this month, it was this IG trend, I just had to do it, sorry Nick LOL
What we’ve been cooking this month:
- I’ve been making the crispy chicken and arugula salad and taking it as a meal prep lunch!
- We’ve made these no-bake gluten free cookies more times than I can count – they’re no bake and just soooo easy!! And I feel good about the kids eating them because they have good-for-you ingredients in them. I also tend to add a tablespoon of flaxseed to the recipe.