In this month’s edition of Catching Up With The Kelnhofers we enjoyed Spring Break with the kids (mini staycation) and Ben had the most heartwarming school project about what makes your family special (he wrote family dinners) and celebrated Easter!
What makes your family special
- “What makes your family special” was a homework assignment in Bens class. It was so sweet, he wanted to say family dinners, but then he said “there are more family at Nanas so lets do a Nana family dinner” – then he had me take a picture and print it for his shamrock they were decorating. So heartwarming.
ER Visit with Sam
- We had quite the scare with Sam. He was crying in his room during naptime, which is never does, so I went in there and there was blood all over the crib. At first we didn’t know where he was bleeding from. Then we found it was his finger and it would not stop. I mean, we put pressure on it and everything, it just wouldn’t stop bleeding! We took him to urgent care/children’s ER and was still bleeding…until…the doctor came in and I swear to you, it like stopped immediately and she probably thought we were nuts. 4 kids and Sam was the first ER visit? Seems wrong lol.
- It was Ben’s spring break and we were originally going to go somewhere but last minute decided not to because the kids seemed not 100% (for anyone keeping track, our kids have literally gotten sick every.single.vacation. we have ever been on. Every one. This time Ben got sick but thankfully it was contained to a bathroom and we’d only booked for one night. We stayed at a hotel by the airport that had a great kiddie pool, it was so fun!
Also on spring break
- We also went to a museum and went to a new to us library (the Hales Corners library) and it was so great, they offered a collage making workshop for the kids and a movie afternoon where they served popcorn and everything!
- Easter was lovely. We made bunny pancakes, the best carrot cake (the post is from 2012, oof, need to update) and herb butter and went to my in-laws for a lovely celebration.
- Nick and I went on a ‘date night’ where it was literally us getting dinner and then going to Target to get Easter bunny stuff lol. We went to Kanpai for sushi, and omg it was the best sushi I’ve ever had! SO GOOD! And then Honeypie for dessert!
Mom day fun
- I recently (this week) went down to part-time work so now I have the kids 2 days a week. Day 1 we went to a super cool park, the library, and the kids talked me into lunch at a diner, honestly, it was so so fun.
How’s your month been?