This eggnog Christmas cookies recipe is a definite must make this year, and I’m sharing my list of 15 Christmas cookies to bake this year! I made these cookies for my annual cookie and cocktail exchange and while I was making them did a poll on my Instagram stories asking if people wanted to see the recipe: 93% said yes!
So today, I’m sharing the recipe for eggnog cookies, which seriously taste like eggnog, but it cookie form!
The thing is, I’m not even that big a fan of eggnog the drink, but I could not stop eating the cookies. They just taste “holiday-y” and “Christmasy” … and it’s not just the rum extract, swear lol!
Every year, we have a cookie and cocktail exchange – there are prizes for the cookies and cocktails, and I love how everyone gets in to it.
The prizes are pretty awesome – a Starbucks gift card, a cookie cutter and a cup or mug:
I absolutely love making new cookies each year, and seeing what other people make. Here is a list/roundup of 15 Christmas cookies for you to make this year:
- Big Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies
- Coca-Cola Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 5 Ingredient Toasted Pecan Snowball Cookies
- Sugar Cut Out Cookies
- Graham Cracker Houses and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies
- Cranberry Bliss Cookies
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Slice and Bake Cookies
- Sea Salt Turtle Cups
- S’Mores Cookie Cups
- Rolled Oats Dark and Stormy Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Cookies in a Jar for Santa
- Raspberry Filled Vanilla Cookies
Besides these eggnog Christmas cookies which you absolutely have to make, I would love to know – what Christmas cookie recipes do you make?
- For the cookies:
- 2 cups butter, softened (4 sticks)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For the frosting:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons colored sugar for topping - optional (I used this gold sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl with a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and extracts.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, nutmeg and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into balls using a cookie scoop (or with your hands and form into 1½ tablespoon size balls). Place cookie dough balls on lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart (12 per baking sheet). Bake for 10-12 minutes, until outside edges begin to turn light brown. Remove from oven.
- Cool on wire racks.
- For the frosting. In a large bowl cream together the butter and extracts; add powdered sugar and milk, alternatively, until a desired consistency.
- Frost cookies with rum frosting, then sprinkle with colored sugar.
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!