- Salad flavor combo I’m loving lately: kale, raspberries, pecans, pistachios, dried cranberries, and goat cheese – goes really good with a raspberry or champagne vinaigrette. I get all of my ingredients from Door to Door Organics, definitely a fave of mine (made these 5 ingredient pear crumbles last week again, they’re so great for a quick dessert.) Here a picture of my produce box from last week:
- Totally loving my Samsung NX300 mirrorless camera. Reason I love it? Because it takes gorgeous photos and is perfect for when I’m traveling and don’t feel like lugging my ‘big’ camera (that can weigh over 10 lbs with different lenses!) This little camera is super lightweight and truly is awesome – I first read about it from Kristen at Dine and Dish when she wrote this post called I LOVE this camera. Then I also kept hearing about it from Jessica from How Sweet Eats and I was just hooked. I dropped some not so subtle hints (aka – I sent my hubby the exact link to the camera) and wouldn’t you know – I got it for my birthday two months ago! Since then I’ve used for trips (like pictures in Minneapolis, Charlotte, and at the Fresh Coast Retreat) and I love that it takes such great photos in low lighting (aka, restaurants at night) so I’m here to tell you -I’m SO IN LOVE WITH THIS CAMERA!!
- My travel journal. I’m still a pen to paper kind of girl. Especially when I’m traveling to jot down experiences and memories. I found this super lightweight and awesome little travel journal on Etsy and love using it to capture travel memories that I might want to share later.
- Trader Joes Simply Nutty Bars – Dark chocolate, walnut, peanut, fig & date bar, they’re super good.
- Fresh flowers – I’ve always loved flowers, but lately I’m totally loving having fresh flowers in the house. My hubby has been really sweet and has been feeding my obsession by buying me all sorts of different bunches. When I tried to buy my own flowers…want to guess what happened? They died after a day. ONE day and they were just floppy and had lost their petals. They were the most gorgeous tulips, but a one day life span? I think I’ll stick to interesting mixed bouquets thank you very much.
- Made cookies for a bake sale and of course I made the best salted caramel chocolate chip cookies
- Just started this book: Getting Things Done – The Art of Getting Things Stress Free Productivity and am loving it. I heard about it from Andie Mitchell at the Fresh Coast Retreat. (I shared one of her cookbook recipes – the curry chicken with ginger and yogurt a few weeks ago, and this week I made cashew chicken and basil lettuce wraps from her amazing cookbook.)
What are some of your faves? And how is your life lately going? I’d love to hear any snack favorites or salad toppings you like!
Disclaimer: some of the above links are affiliate links, if you purchase amazon products through the links at no cost to you, I will earn a few pennies. As always, thank you for supporting the brands and products I love that make the Sweetphi blog possible.