In this week’s Love List, each member of the SweetPhi team is sharing a great idea for Mother’s Day gifts, plus you’ll hear from each of us what our favorite wine for Mother’s Day is.
- You know how I tried that Isle of Paradise self tanning mousse? Well, I’m here to report back that it’s absolutely WONDERFUL – best self tanning product I’ve ever used…but only on my face and neck. I tried a few other places (arms/legs) and it takes a few hours to build color (4-6) and I don’t know why it works so beautifully on my face and neck, but then on my arms/legs it was patchy and orangy. But again, on my face – it’s beautiful and non splotchy. Maybe user error? Anyway, for body self tanning, I’m going to stick with my Jergens Natural Glow, which is lovely.
- I got lost in reading this lovely piece (The Best Pizza in Every State) and it made me a: want pizza and b: want to travel!
- This article gave me chills – it’s about how the creator of Melissa and Doug (affordable wooden toys of which we have MANY) created a 500+ Million dollar brand, all the while battling existential despair.
- I’m in the phase of art gifts from the kids for Mothers day, something I totally totally love (nothing cuter than their little hand prints on stuff) but if you’re looking for some other great gift ideas for Mothers Day, here is a list of ideas.
- I was feeling especially on top of things when I ordered this necklace for my sister almost one month ago for Mother’sDay. Each flower represents a month. I got her a gold bar and included a flower for each of her two kids and one flower for her husband and dog, who both happen to have birthdays in the same month. Super happy with the quality and look!
- I was in the Seattle area the past few (fully vaccinated and recovered from Covid myself, so feeling good about travel!) days and spotted a great mural – check out the pic above – when I was out grabbing donuts with my little Lucy! Check out more about the project and artist here.
- I was in a little local shop while on my trip and the shop-owner saw my sister and I struggling to keep my almost 2 year old busy while we were shopping around. She introduced us to a toy called Galimoto and it kept her entertained the whole time we were there. We were told that Galimoto means “car” in Swahili and local kids make these push toys to play with or sell to tourists. If you’d like to purchase one, I highly recommend calling the shop – Giraffe Home – and ask to order one. Great customer service deserves to be rewarded!
- I’ve heard / seen a lot about these shoes and they are only $10…they keep selling out but I just snagged a pair and can’t wait to try them!
- I loved reading this article and think it’s such a great reminder to slow down and a reminder to enjoy everything around us when we can so easily forget the simple things!
- I personally LOVE fresh flowers and loved this list of flowers you can buy online for Mother’s Day depending on what type of person they are with flowers! I think this option was my favorite because right now I love greenery and plants in the house.
The Team’s Pick – Favorite Wine for Mother’s Day
- I mentioned this wine in my anniversary themed cheese board post. It’s a super affordable red wine called Borsao Tres Picos Garnacha 2018 – you can google it and it usually tells you what wine store near you has it. The bottle costs around $16-20 depending on where you get it; I saw that Wine.com has it for sale too!
- I feel like Mother’s Day calls for rose or sparkling wine (although I’m usually a red wine drinker) so I think Madame Liberte is a great choice! Festive and delicious (and affordable!)
- I love white wine and this has been one of my favorites for a long time! It has hints of apples, citrus and peaches!
Learn more about the SweetPhi team here.