This anniversary cheese board recipe (wedding-themed cheese board) is a special and fun cheese board idea! We used the popular wedding saying to choose the best cheeses to put together this cheese board.
We received this amazing cheese board as a gift because for our wedding we had a & symbol that looked like an N & P (my husbands’ and mine initials)! The cheese board is super neat in and of itself, and we always like to pull it out on special occasions.
You all know the popular wedding saying, right?
- Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue
Well, we took that saying and made a cheese board out of it!
- Something old – this is the perfect spot for an aged cheese. A 5 or 10 year cheddar is our cheese of choice.
- Something new – a young gouda cheese is a great option for something new. If gouda isn’t your thing, we also like to use Brie or quark-both new/young cheeses.
- Something borrowed – for a borrowed cheese, you could always use a cheese from a friend, but we prefer to use a non-cow’s milk cheese; something like a goat cheese or a cheese made with sheep’s milk.
- Something blue – for this one, we like to go with something “bleu” and use bleu cheese (gorgonzola)!
After selecting the perfect cheeses, you can get creative with everything else on the tray. Some things we like to add:
- A variety of crackers, always including these these seed crackers
- Pepperonis or mini sausages
And what pairs better with an anniversary cheese board recipe (wedding-themed cheese board) than a nice glass of red wine? Just some great company! We found this one Spanish red that’s on the more affordable side after having it at a restaurant called Borsao Tres Picos Garnacha 2018 – you can google it and it usually tells you what wine store near you has it, it’s around $16-20 depending on where you get it, I saw that Wine.com has it for sale too.
Next time you’re looking for a fun cheese board idea, I’d definitely recommend this fun Anniversary cheese board idea.