I am starting to get into the Christmas spirit…and a spirit is exactly what I’m sharing with you today! This nutcracker cocktail is full of rich nutty flavors and topped with whipped cream, making it look like a winter wonderland!
I have so many fun Christmas things on the blog and it’s one of my favorite times of the year on the Sweetphi blog! I have recipes like these little Graham Cracker Houses…have you made them?! I have them on display at Christmas time and always walk by them and just stop to stare at how cute they are. But honestly, that’s the only decoration I have out. Which is not very good, considering this weekend my husband and I are hosting our annual cookie and cocktail exchange. I need to get moving…but maybe after a few cocktails, mmmk?
In all honesty, I can chalk this recipe up to recipe testing for the party, right? It’s kind of a big deal. Every year we have 30 or so friends and family come into our tiny house (it’s suuuuuper small, but cozy, right/) and we exchange cookies and cocktails, there’s voting and prizes involved…and I’m totally going to be making this, because it was absolutely delicious!
And of course when it comes to cocktails my husband helped. With all of the help he’s been doing for the blog lately, (he made the delicious Christmas Cranberry Cosmopolitans and constructed the Graham Cracker Houses) I feel like he needs his own guest posting series. I’m still trying to convince him of that; I mean just look at how expertly he helped make these cocktails:
And the best thing is that these Christmasy cocktails only take a few minutes to make.
How do you make the nutcracker cocktail?
- Pour frangelico, cake vodka, and almond milk in a shaker,
- Add some ice and shake
- Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream and grated nutmeg
Less than 15 minutes and you have a tasty cocktail to enjoy!
And then see what it looks like all up close and personal?
And then of course it just needed a picture with its name sake, lol.
Other drink recipes you might enjoy:
- Apple Cider Ginger Beer Mule Cocktail
- 5 Ingredient Raspberry Collins Cocktail
- Mocha Made with Hot Cocoa Mix
So there you have it: the nutcracker cocktail. This is such a fun Christmas cocktail that adults are sure to fall in love with!
For this cocktail I used a cocktail shaker like this (it really helps to have a good one!)
The Nutcracker Cocktail
- 6 oz Almond Milk I used Light Almond Milk
- 4 oz Frangelico liquor
- 2 oz Cake Vodka
- 1 Cup ice cubes
- 4 Tbs whipped cream homemade or store bought
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg grated
- Measure out almond milk, pour into a cocktail shaker, measure frangelico and add to cocktail shaker, then measure and add vodka to the cocktail shaker. Add the ice and vigorously shake for 1 minute.
- Pour into two glasses. Top with whipped cream (2 Tbs each) and then grate nutmeg over the whipped cream, enjoy!