This prosciutto pizza with garlic béchamel has it all – melted fresh mozzarella cheese, crunchy prosciutto bits and then topped with crisp, peppery arugula…makes for one delicious pizza!
This prosciutto pizza is very similar to my 5 Ingredient Prosciutto Pizza I made a few months ago as part of the Five Ingredient Fridays series I run here on the blog, but instead of using garlic flavored olive oil, it uses a creamy béchamel.
What ingredients do I need for garlic béchamel prosciutto pizza?
For the garlic béchamel
- Garlic cloves
- Half and half or heavy cream
- Parmesean cheese
For the pizza
- Pizza crust – you can buy one or make one
- Fresh mozzarella
- Shredded mozzarella
This béchamel sauce is what makes this pizza so special. Being a mixture of heavy green, cheese and garlic, what could go wrong?!
Don’t worry, if you don’t have a KettlePizza grill attachment, I’ve adapted the recipe to be made in an oven and it is just as tasty! Make this pizza for an easy weeknight meal, appetizer with a group of friends or just to enjoy on your own.
Prosciutto Pizza Recipe (with Garlic Bechamel)
For the Garlic Bechamel
- 3 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Tbs. Flour
- 1/2 cup Half and half or heavy cream
- 2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese shredded or 1 Tbs. grated
For the Pizza
- 1 pizza crust store-bought or homemade
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 2 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 4 slices prosciutto hand ripped into little pieces
- 1 handful arugula
To make the béchamel:
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and add crushed garlic cloves as the butter starts to melt, add in the salt, and whisk constantly until the butter has melted.
- Add in the flour and whisk until it is a paste-like consistency, then add the half and half (or heavy cream) and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and whisk until it is melted and the béchamel is a thick smooth consistency.
- Preheat oven to 450.
To assemble the pizza:
- Spread a thick layer of the béchamel sauce over the pizza crust, lay down pieces of fresh mozzarella, sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the whole pizza, then lay down pieces of prosciutto.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sides start to brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle arugula over pizza, slice, and enjoy!
Some of the above links are affiliate links, if you purchase amazon products through my store at no cost to you, I will earn a few pennies. As always, thank you for supporting the brands and products I love that make the Sweetphi blog possible. Please note that I am not affiliated with kettlepizza, we just happened to like their grill attachment!