I guess what it comes down to is that I love pizza (obvious by my Breakfast Pizza Post) and luckily I married into an awesome family that also loves pizza. My father in law makes the best pizza from scratch- including dough- and inspired this recipe, so big shout out and thanks to him.
This is my favorite pizza to make at home and is ready in a flash! The prosciutto crisps up and is pairs perfectly with the arugula, enjoy!
- 1. 1 Ultra Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust I use Pastorelli Brand found at World Market
- 2. 1 Tbs Roasted Garlic Flavored Olive Oil or grapeseed oil
- 3. 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 4. 4-5 Slices ~1.5 oz Prosciutto
- 5. 1 handful Arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Start by laying out the pizza crust. Then spread the garlic flavored oil over the crust.
- Break apart the fresh mozzarella into little pieces and distribute around the whole pizza (there will be some spaces between the cheese.)
- Tear the prosciutto pieces and distribute around the pizza (I like to put it in the spots where there's no cheese). Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted and some spots are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the arugula leaves around the pizza. Slice and serve!
Prosciutto and Arugula do make a great combo. I’ve make this pizza and added a bit of fresh basil and aged Parmesan. The saltiness of the meat breaks well with the peppery arugula. I don’t eat this all the time, but am always pleasantly surprised when I do!
I like this recipe. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/177329304052463747/
I barely ever cook, but this pizza looks so yummy I might have to try it!
URL of my pin:
Thanks for the pin, that is definitely one of my favorites, and super easy to make 🙂