There’s nothing quite like the comforting aroma of this freshly baked sugar cookie apple cobbler. This recipe is super easy to make, with minimal ingredients (thanks to using sugar cookie mix) and is a delicious for dessert. This heavenly creation combines the warm, spiced goodness of apple cobbler with the sweet, melt-in-your-mouth perfection of sugar cookies.
One of the most appealing aspects of this sugar cookie apple cobbler recipe is its commitment to simplicity. By incorporating a sugar cookie mix, you streamline the baking process without sacrificing flavor. The pre-mixed sugar cookie dough provides a convenient base, ensuring that even those who shy away from complex recipes can confidently dive into the world of homemade desserts. This shortcut doesn’t compromise on the delectable texture and sweetness that the sugar cookie crust brings to the cobbler. It’s a game-changer for busy bakers who crave a taste of indulgence without the fuss.
Incorporating a sugar cookie mix into this apple cobbler recipe not only simplifies the baking process but also enhances the overall experience, making it a must-try for anyone seeking a delicious and approachable fall dessert.
The beauty of this sugar cookie-infused cobbler lies in its ability to elevate familiar flavors. The sugar cookie crust, with its rich buttery notes, perfectly complements the sweet and slightly tart essence of the apple filling. As the cobbler bakes, the sugar cookie mix transforms into a golden, crispy layer that adds an irresistible crunch to each bite. This dynamic combination of textures and tastes turns a classic apple cobbler into a dessert experience that’s both nostalgic and innovative, leaving everyone at the table wanting more.
How to make apple cobbler with a sugar cookie crust
- Start by peeling and slicing apples
- Put apple slices in a baking dish
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle sugar cookie mix over apples
- Place slices of butter over the cookie mix
- Bake to perfection
This is an easy dessert with such amazing flavors. Apples are baked to perfection with a sugar cookie cobbler topping, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have yourself an amazing cobbler dessert. I first saw this dessert made on Instagram in a short video but I forgot to save it so I’m sadly missing the original source to credit, it just stuck in my mind because it’s like my red white and blue dump cake that uses the same method of the mix and butter, so yummy!
Sugar cookie apple cobbler
- 2 lbs apples peeled, cored and sliced. I like using honeycrisp or fiji apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven 350
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Lightly spray bottom of a 7x11 baking dish with cooking spray. Place apples in bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle top of apples with cinnamon and brown sugar
- Sprinkle a package of sugar cookie mix on top, do not mix in.
- Slice stick of butter into pieces and place all over the top of the sugar cookie mix
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and the edges start to bubble