You guys! Time flies!! Can you believe that it is almost May…which means it’s almost time for May Cinco de Mayo. celebrated on the 5th of May!
The holiday originated when Mexican troops defeated the French in the Battle of Puebla on May 5th, 1862. Mexican-American communities celebrate the day as a way to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy, and in the U.S. it is observed as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride…2 second history lesson brought to you by Wikipedia.
So for this weeks Sweet Sunday I thought it only fitting to share some Cico de Mayo Inspiration for the upcoming holiday. I would like every single one of these items-thanks! Stay tuned for some really delicious recipes I will be sharing this next week.
I’d love to hear from you…do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? And what are some of your traditions?
When I think of Cinco de May I think of wonderful bright Fiesta colors, margaritas and guacamole!
- Margarita 7-Piece Glassware Set
- 2 Compartment Taco Holder
- Fiesta Paper Fan Decorations
- Rainbow Donkey Pinata
- Fiesta Tablecover
- Bull Bottle Opener and Corkscrew
- Authentic Mexican Lava Stone
- Fiesta Glassware, Set of 4
- Fiesta Drink Cozy
- Lazy Susan Chip and Dip (Set of 6)
- Authentic Mexican 20th Anniversary Ed: Regional Cooking from the Heart of Mexico by Rick Bayless
- Frontera: Margaritas, Guacamoles, and Snacks (I personally have this book and it is fantastic!!)
Enjoy and Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Disclaimer: please note that some of the above links are affiliate links and if you purchase through the links at no cost to you, the pennies I earn will go towards fun giveaways for the Sweetphi readers. All opinions are as always my own, I just happen to love these items! To see a list of Sweetphi Giveaways click here.