This Mexican Street Corn Salad packs all the delicious flavors of traditional Mexican Street Corn into the convenience of a bowl!
If you’ve ever had Mexican Street Corn (Elotes), you’ll know how absolutely addictingly delicious it is. It is traditionally served corn-on-the-cob style and is loaded with cotija cheese, chili powder and more.
Only problem? Corn-on-the-cob gets suck in my teeth (not sexy) and then the rest of day I’m trying not to smile or show my teeth in fear. I can’t exactly ask the vendor to do me the favor of cutting it off the cob because I’m sure I’d get big eye rolls from everyone around me (ahem…my husband)…but I love the flavors…what to do? Why, make it into a salad of course!
This delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad can be easily eaten with a spoon, is oh so good, is super easy to make (takes a total of 7 minutes to make), and best of all, the flavors are spot on in comparison to its cobbed ancestor! This dish would make a lovely addition to your Cinco de Mayo menu, I’d highly suggest making it!!
- 1 Bag Frozen Corn 16oz-1 lb
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 oz Feta or Cotija Cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbs Mayonnaise
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- Microwave frozen corn until warm (mine took 6 minutes)
- When you take the corn out of the microwave, add the mayonnaise, stir it so that it is well combined with the corn, then add all the other ingredients, divide into 4 bowls and you're done!