This recipe for 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken tacos is one you’ll want to keep on hand for any day of the week. This is one of my favorite simple taco recipes and will quickly become one of yours as well!
I’m at it with my slow cooker again you guys and today I’m sharing my favorite chicken taco recipe! I love making dishes in my slow cooker because it is SO EASY! If you’re curious, one of my slow cooker recipes is these cheesy potatoes – yum,
This Five Ingredient Friday recipe is ridiculously easy to make, yet has the most bold and amazing tomato flavors that are perfectly complimented by the creamy sour cream and Queso Fresco cheese that is crumbled on top.
The way I’m making the chicken in this recipe isn’t revolutionary and I’m sure you’ve probably seen some version around somewhere. But, I promise that if you haven’t see it yet, this is how I always make chicken for these tacos; it’s tried and true and I make it all the time.
What ingredients do you need to make chicken tacos?
- Chicken breasts
- Diced tomatoes with chilies
- Flour tortillas
- Queso Fresco cheese
- Sour cream
Once you gather all of your ingredients, it’s time to get cooking!
The first step is to put your chicken and diced tomatoes with chilies in a slow cooker. If you don’t have diced tomatoes with chilies, salsa is a great substitute. Now it’s time to set it and forget it!
Once the chicken is done cooking, it’s time to shred it and get ready to enjoy it in chicken tacos.
To enjoy these 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken tacos, you just follow these quick and easy steps:
- Warm tortillas
- Spread sour cream on one side.
- Fill with shredded chicken
- Crumble some queso freso cheese on top
Now it’s time to enjoy your chicken tacos and have leftover salsa chicken to enjoy throughout the week!
5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with chilies 14.5 oz each (or you can use 1 jar of salsa)-heat level to your choice
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 oz Queso Fresco cheese or mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 Tbs. Sour Cream
- In a crock pot/slowcooker put the chicken breasts, diced tomatoes, sprinkle the salt and cover. Turn on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- After chicken is done cooking, use two forks and shred the chicken.
- To serve tacos: warm tortilla shells, and then spoon 2 tablespoons of chicken and tomatoes into the center of the tortillas, spoon a little sour cream on the sides of the tortilla and then crumble a little queso fresco cheese over the tacos and then serve!