Soooo…little announcement…there’s a little something in oven, so to speak.
I could not be more excited to announce that baby Kelnhofer will be joining our family June 2017!! Nick and I (and of course Clover too) are so thrilled and beyond happy and elated to share this news with you!
Having a baby is something we’ve wanted for a long time. When it doesn’t happen when you want it to, there are so many emotions that go along with it. Then when it does finally happen and you see that positive pregnancy test, you’re in disbelief. At least I know I am/was…I’m pretty sure I’m still in disbelief…except for the sickness that’s constantly reminding me.
I immediately wanted my doctor to see me and confirm it, and tell everyone, but that’s not quite the way it works. The doctor won’t see you for pregnancy related appointments until 8+ weeks to do an ultrasound! Aaaahhh! That’s a long time. But it was all worth it, because during the ultrasound appointment, after hearing the baby’s heartbeat, the baby moved and waved its little flippers-like hands. It was the cutest thing ever! I’m definitely preggo!
So now I thought I’d share some fun info about my pregnancy so far:
How far along are you?
- 12 weeks
When are you due?
- June 21st, 2017
Are you going to find out if it’s a boy or girl?
- YES, I cannot wait to find out!
How are you feeling?
- Many answers to this question – but whomever coined the term ‘morning sickness’ straight up had it wrong. It’s more like ALL DAY and sometimes all night sickness. I’m very nauseous and it’s not fun. I’ve been gagging and nearly vomiting a bunch, and lately that’s turned into horrific vomiting. That’s not tmi is it? It’s seemingly gotten worse. The thing is, before this, I was never a someone who puked. My hubby made fun of me (in a cute way) after the first few times I threw up and it got everywhere, he’s like “haven’t you ever thrown up? I think you’re doing it wrong.” In his defense he’s washed our shower curtain and cleaned with nothing but the utmost compassion. There was the time I threw up all over the Target parking lot. That was not fun. I hear it’s supposed to get better after the first trimester…here’s to hoping next week it will be better?
- It’s been so hard not to tell people, I’m sure friends who I see all the time figured it out because I was constantly tired or sick. I’m not really a big drinker because I usually have some work thing to do, so I know that that hasn’t been a giveaway.
- I’m SO tired. Not just like “oh it was a long day, I’m tired”. It’s more like an alien has taken over my mind and is telling me if I don’t get some rest I will surely die. I’ve gone to bed at 7:30 pm and one time slept 14 hours (10 hours at night and 2, 2 hour naps throughout the day lol).
- And omg chills! I get them all the time. That’s actually how I found out I was pregnant. I really just thought I was getting a cold because I was so sick for two-three days. I would just sit there and shake and be cold. We had been trying for a while so I really didn’t think it was ever going to happen, but I took a test just for the heck of it and it was positive!!!!
How is your husband dealing with everything?
- Now you’re going to make me emotional. He is the best. He is the most loving, the most kind, the most everything this preggo girl could wish for. He’s gone to the grocery store on way more occasions than I care to admit, and has rescued me from a fit of throwing up by throwing out xyz culprit making me sick (like that time I ran out of the kitchen into the bathroom gagging and he’s like “what’s wrong?” and I tearfully told him “there’s hummus in the fridge” – yup, just the thought of it being there made me sick.
- My husband proudly handed me my keys one day and said “you would never have found these” … they were inside a muffin tin, with another muffin tin stacked on top of it? Who knows…
- I lost my favorite seasoning sea salt. I put it on my avocado toast each morning. I had used it the night before and for the life of me, I could not find it anywhere. I ended up throwing out my avocado toast because I just couldn’t deal with it without the salt – very dramatic I know. I tearfully explain my conundrum to my hubby, he goes in search of it, and finds it way in the back of the pantry. Not in the spice cabinet where it always goes lol. oops.
Any strong aversions?
- Bananas – I cant even type more than that. They gross me out to no extent. I think I just vomited in my mouth thinking about them. so gross, the intoxicating smell…I just can’t with bananas. Just this week I walked into one of my coworkers offices and said “oh god you have a banana in here” and ran up and threw up in the bathroom. She felt so bad, it totally wasn’t her fault, it was the stupid banana’s fault. Funny thing is she said she couldn’t even smell it, but to me, it was SO pungent.
- Hummus – the thought of it grosses me out. But hey, this might have been the baby trying to tell me something because there was that crazy recall a few weeks ago, so this is a good thing.
- I’m not really digging meat, just the thought kind of makes my stomach turn. I know I need protein, but ewww, yeah it’s just been an aversion. This could also have something to do with the fact that it hurts when throwing up.
- And cooking has been nearly impossible. I think I’ve cooked twice in the last month. No joke. It’s so bad. Luckily I worked a little ahead this summer, but I’m hoping to get back in the kitchen soon, I really miss it.
Do you have any cravings?
- I’m not having cravings so much, as just like there are only certain things I can eat. I wish I had some crazy cravings, but nope. Right now I can stomach bland things – like bagels or toast.
- I’m trying so hard to have little meals throughout the day, otherwise I get really sick and nauseous. But it’s so hard to find things that I can actually stomach.
- And I’m thirsty all the time. I drink so much water now, it’s crazy.
- I’m also finding that I’m reverting to liking things that my mom used to make for us during childhood. Like an english muffin with a piece of american cheese? That was a treat she made for us sometimes. And there’s this hot wheat breakfast cereal called Farina that I’ve been digging lately that I literally have not had since I was a child.
- Half the time I really don’t feel like eating, but know if I don’t I’ll get a sick feeling.
There you have it. I’m pregnant and cannot believe it and am so so SO excited. Any questions I didn’t answer? Any recommendations? I’d love any and all advice!
So much love and thanks for reading and following my blog!