I look forward to this post all year – looking to see what the top recipes of 2016 are and wishing you all happy holidays! In this post I’ll share some highlights of the year, but most of all, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you amazing readers, thank you for reading my blog, making my recipes, and engaging online, you are truly the best!!!
This year, the SweetPhi blog turned 5 years old (wow – still cannot believe I’ve been blogging for 5 + years!), and many exciting things happened. My cookbook Fast & Easy Five Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook for Busy People was published in July and to this day, I am beyond grateful and humbled by the response. THANK YOU to everyone who purchased the book and has supported my work. I still love looking at all the creations you make from the book and share on social media using the #sweetphicookbook hashtag!)
There are now over 700 recipes in the recipe index, so I always love seeing what is the most popular from the past year!
Here are the top recipes from 2016 and I absolutely LOVE seeing how many 5 ingredient Friday recipes made it on the list (these are recipes posted in 2016 with the most views! If you’d like some additional inspiration, I’m always pinning over on Pinterest):
- 5 ingredient vegetable frittata
- 5 ingredient baked chicken and sweet potatoes for two
- 5 ingredient vegetarian freezer burritos
- 5 ingredient orange chocolate almond torte
- Slow cooker beef and sweet potato stew
- The best pumpkin loaf
- The whole bowl
- Slow cooker cinnamon rolls
- Oatmeal cookie energy bites
- 5 ingredient chorizo sandwiches
- 5 ingredient Hawaiian chicken rice bowls
- 5 ingredient shrimp and black bean enchiladas
- 5 ingredient jalapeno enchilada pizza
- 5 ingredient slow cooker salsa chicken and quinoa
- Slow cooker Greek chicken and vegetables
- Shrimp cauliflower fried rice
- Hot cheesy BLT dip
- The best turkey meatloaf and roasted vegetables
- 5 ingredient strawberries and cream tartletes
- 5 ingredient peanut butter pretzel energy bites
Did your favorites make the list?
This past year my husband and I got to realize two amazing dreams: taking a trip to Europe (we went to Dublin, London, and Paris) and announcing we are expecting. What a year, I cannot wait to see what this next year brings!
I’d love to know – what are your holiday plans?! Leave a comment and let me know! Last year I took a little break over the holidays and really found it refreshing, so I’m going to take a break again this year to unplug and recharge. You can still find me on Snapchat or follow me on Instagram for the latest updates, I’d love to stay connected! I’ll be back the first week in January with a bunch of new recipes and travel adventures!
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!